Assassin's Creed Odyssey launches this October

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jun 11, 2018.

1. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    They were not very smooth on Wii U at all.

2. Glyptofane

Glyptofane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    Remember when Ubisoft said they were going to start staggering AC releases and not do it every year? This new one is coming out not even a year after the last one.

3. dude1

dude1 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 11, 2006
    Canada
    Ubisoft originally said they were doing yearly ACs they later mentioned they had added a 3rd Ubisoft studio to increase development time
    later on they stated they were taking a year off to innovate, the resulting product being AC Origins
    Both those are still true and thus they are back to yearly ACs

this is not surprising

I'm stoked, outside of Sony E3 was pretty weak on open world games especially single player ones

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Origins was not meant to be the first in the chronology for all of time all it was was the origin of the brotherhood.
    Personally I think this is a cool idea, and allows them to explore time periods in these nice clockwork universes they created but in the case of anything actually ancient you're not bound by the creed and it's rules which could open up narrative possibilities that are different.

If it makes you feel any better it ties in with the plot line
    Theyre delving deeper in into the chick from origins ancestral memories looking for relics of Eden, in this case the word I've heard its the spear of the Leonidas

I imagine it's going to be a lot of 300/Spartacus type references in the engine of origins

I'm fine with that

Ritsuki likes this.
  4. Glyptofane

Glyptofane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    Not even me, as I only play Japanese games, but my wife is like AC devout and says she won't play one with a woman lead.

5. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Switzerland
    Thanks, it makes way more sense like that, because until now it was always about the Assassin's vs. Templars/Illuminati/whatever group, so I thought that chronologically speaking there would be no AC befire antic Egypt.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice