Auto rcm & Dongle issue?

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by Reecey, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Reecey
    OP

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Has anyone noticed this issue or is it just my pro dongle?
    If you power your switch up in cfw with your dongle in say looking from the back side + to the right - to the left from the back of the dongle then you power your switch down completely, if you then take your dongle out to charge your switch up but this is the issue, if you then plug your pro dongle back in to load the cfw but this time the other way around - left + right it locks out your switch you cannot boot your dongle payload you then have to boot your switch from your pc payload to start the switch so basically if you turn your dongle the other way from what you previously used it won’t boot the switch no blue light nothing it just won’t do anything no matter which side you try so I have to make sure I use it the same side all the time in auto rcm mode. Unless I am doing something wrong and anyone can help using it different sides it has issues loading the payload from the pro dongle.

Last edited by Reecey, Jul 7, 2018
  2. Reecey
    OP

Mar 7, 2010
    I think I have solved the problem I didn’t realise you had to charge the pro dongle capacitors both sides in sleep mode for the payload to work both ways I thought it charged the pro dongles capacitors fully both ways and worked both ways as long as it was just plugged in any side in sleep mode, apparently not.

Does anyone know how long does it take to charge each capacitor fully plugged in sleep mode? Is it 5mins 10, 15 more? and how long does the charge last if the dongle is not plugged in?

Last edited by Reecey, Jul 7, 2018
  3. DocAmes1980

DocAmes1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 31, 2016
    United States
    The dongle should work either way. Both caps are charged at the same time. They charge fully in seconds. The behavior you're describing is odd.

Reecey likes this.
  4. Reecey
    OP

Mar 7, 2010
    Thanks I thought the same as you very strange behaviour but that’s how it works with mine, it works all ok but I have to charge both sides separately I have to swap it round in sleep mode to charge it all. I suppose at least it works but it’s not right.

5. CrAzYLiFe

CrAzYLiFe Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2007
    I'm getting the vibe that you may have just ran out of power in your dongle the first time?

It certainly is odd behaviour and not how it should work.. i refuse to accecpt it.

6. Reecey
    OP

Mar 7, 2010
    Yeah you’re probably right but in that case wow it runs out of power quickly even if I leave it in sleep mode for 10 mins to charge, power down the switch it’s flat literally within 20 mins of not using it. I still find if I continue to use it one way I never have a problem booting the payload I have even took the sticker of one side so I know which way to keep using it.

Last edited by Reecey, Jul 8, 2018
  7. iluvrice2

iluvrice2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2018
    United States
    For whatever its worth my Switch wasn't working either (stuck in RCM) until I read this thread and when I flipped the dongle for whatever crazy reason it finally booted up again.

Reecey likes this.
  8. Reecey
    OP

Mar 7, 2010
    Cool sounds exactly what’s happening to mine I still say and find if I take the sticker of one side so I know which way to plug it in every time I never have an issue but the other way round, not so good.

Last edited by Reecey, Jul 9, 2018
  9. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    This thread is a huge mess of run on sentences. You guys are killing me. Punctuation is your friend.

Reecey likes this.
  10. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    I don't think the dongle charges when the switch is in sleep mode. You have to have the screen turned on and in the homescreen.

11. Reecey
    OP

Mar 7, 2010
    I’ve found a solution if yours is still not working like mine, it’s working flawless for me>Plug your pro in your switch anyway make sure it’s fully charged then unplug it and plug your pro lead from the box in your pro, then go to your PC and plug it in, a window pops up, leave it for a while plugged in your pc then use your pro with your switch, it should work both sides now, how it’s meant too, it is for me at the moment.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It’s called using an iPhone :)

Last edited by Reecey, Jul 12, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice