RELEASE AutoRCM Payload (briccmii) by rajkosto

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by jjbredesen, May 21, 2018.

1. Reisyukaku

Reisyukaku Onii-sama~

Feb 11, 2014
    United States
    It's because LP0 isnt properly setup.

2. TheSynthax

TheSynthax Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2018
    United States
    This is an issue with grounding pin 10. Sounds like you have a modded Joy-Con.

Dmafra likes this.
  3. rajkosto

rajkosto GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2017
    briccmii can undo the one currently in hekate.

Huntereb likes this.
  4. Dmafra

Dmafra GBAtemp Regular

Aug 26, 2015
    Brazil
    The tinfoil wasn't removed completely when I used to run briccmii!
    Now works fine!

5. swabbo

swabbo Wot u doin readin dis m8?

Mar 9, 2011
    East Yorkshire/ A Bin
    While using AutoRCM I ran Painless Linux's boot-windows.bat file without an SD card in my Switch and now my Switch just has a black screen, doesn't register on TegraRCMSmashGUI as being in RCM and doesn't do anything when I hold the power button for a prolonged period of time, am I fucked?

6. EclipseSin

EclipseSin Ignorant Wizard

Apr 1, 2015
    United Kingdom
    221b Baker Street
    If you can't get it to shutdown/turn on for some reason, open and remove the battery for a few seconds, then charge if required.

7. swabbo

Mar 9, 2011
    East Yorkshire/ A Bin
    Thanks for the tip, but I don't have a tri-wing screwdriver to open the Switch and the battery was at 100% already :S

8. EclipseSin

EclipseSin Ignorant Wizard

Apr 1, 2015
    United Kingdom
    221b Baker Street
    The charge level doesn't really matter, that comment was an "if required" one. The Switch can get stuck in a state where it thinks it is (for a better lack of the term) dead. That is why you need to remove the battery. If you have a small enough flat blade or the right size torx bit you can use them instead of a tri-wing.

Otherwise, you can only really hold the power button for extended periods or try using a charger and pressing power to see if it turns on.

Last edited by EclipseSin, May 25, 2018
  9. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    It's worth having the proper equipment needed to open any device you own in your toolkit. Especially these days with proper hardware power switches being a thing of the past.

OkazakiTheOtaku likes this.
  10. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku El Psy Congroo

Jul 20, 2016
    United States
    ~/
    Agreed. The iFixit screwdriver set is ~$20 and has pretty much everything you need for most devices. iPhones, small Phillips-head, triwing screws, etc.

11. karl0ss

karl0ss Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2018
    Ukraine
    so, if i send the payload, it "bricks", but if i send the payload again, does it "fix"?

Thanks

12. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    You can use the same payload to uninstall AutoRCM and return your Switch back to normal, yes.

13. karl0ss

karl0ss Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2018
    Ukraine
    ok great, thank you for the information.

14. Shinigati

Shinigati GBAtemp Fan

Oct 31, 2012
    I have the exact same problem here charge level is basically 100% and won't even power on or show any signs of life, drivers can't be detected and i have no way of opening it up.

15. swabbo

Mar 9, 2011
    East Yorkshire/ A Bin
    I wonder if letting the battery drain to 0% will do the same trick as removing it

16. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    In principle, this should work.

17. swabbo

Mar 9, 2011
    East Yorkshire/ A Bin
    Sweet, no idea how I'm supposed to let the battery drain or know if it's draining though :') just got a black screen

18. Shinigati

Shinigati GBAtemp Fan

Oct 31, 2012
    Well i just left it to charge for a bit and turns out the voltage % reading is unstable as it finally turned on at 15% so i uninstalled AutoRCM and unplugged it for a few minutes then dropped to 13% and instantly shut off.
    I left it to charge completely which took over 3 hours and it was working fine last night until this morning it wouldn't turn on again so i again have left it to charge so i might have to let it drain on its own and see what happens but for now i think ill stay away from AutoRCM until things become more stable.

19. NeoSlyde

NeoSlyde "Insert Custom Title Here"

Mar 6, 2015
    Morocco
    Morocco
    AutoRCM can’t get any improvement.

Last edited by NeoSlyde, May 31, 2018
  20. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If you mean you're going to wait for AutoRCM to become more stable, that's not going to happen. It works a very specific way that isn't going to change.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice