RELEASE AutoRCM Payload (briccmii) by rajkosto

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by jjbredesen, May 21, 2018.

1. Trunks2304

Trunks2304 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 23, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Back when I was doing this i wouldn't really charge it during gameplay, just when I'd put it into sleep(when sleep didnt work) / turned off the wrong way into RCM when I was finished playing. Never did any battery cycling or had to disconnect my battery (considering i can't because my screws are stripped) and still no desync issues. Ive never heard of anyone complain about this issue for AutoRCM except for these couple cases :unsure:

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    The thing is sleep mode battery charging still worked as intended because sleep mode in of itself wasn't broken but rather the console could not be woken out of sleep. So theoretically, if you did sufficient charging during this time, any battery de-sync issues could be masked with any charging done during RCM. That's just my guess. If you really want to see for yourself what the de-sync issue looks like, you can try the following (which is what another user did):
    1. nstall AutoRCM and boot into Horizon, disconnecting the Switch from the computer.
    2. Let the Switch battery get to 50% in Horizon.
    3. Completely power off the system.
    4. Plug in the Switch to a power source, which causes it to enter RCM.
    5. Let it sit plugged in and in RCM all day.
    6. Unplug the Switch from the power source and quickly load Horizon.
    7. The battery is at 100%

3. Beware

Beware GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2007
    United States
    So I'm getting some conflicting information.

Does the Switch charge in RCM mode?

What happens, for instance, when my Switch dies while in Lakka if I'm using AutoRCM?

4. Draxzelex

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    tl;dr Switch will charge in RCM without AutoRCM normally. Switch will charge in AutoRCM much slower. Lakka is now updated to prevent battery mismatches that led to the Switch turning off at around 30%.

5. Beware

Beware GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2007
    United States
    I know battery desync isn't an issue but there is still no battery indicator in Lakka, so sometimes the switch dies. What is the solution for someone whose battery dies and is using autoRCM?

6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If your Switch dies while AutoRCM is installed, you can plug it into your computer, and it will trickle-charge enough to enter RCM and load Hekate - CTCaer mod. From there, you can charge it. It's just not the healthiest thing for your battery to let it completely die. Just don't leave your Switch in RCM by mistake, and you're unlikely to have any problems.

Last edited by Lacius, Jul 9, 2018
  7. Beware

Beware GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2007
    United States
    So basically just charge it enough for it to boot into RCM then inject a payload? Could be worse I suppose...

8. Hephaestus

Hephaestus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2017
    Korea, North
    Is this (or the TX version of this) reversible?

9. Draxzelex

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Both are. They are uninstalled the same way they are installed (you would just press a different button)

Hephaestus likes this.
  10. agas1957

agas1957 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2009
    United States
    Is there any advantage of using briccmii over TX AutoRCM with SX OS?

11. Draxzelex

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Briccmii can display the number of fuses burnt as well as repair itself after a system update. In terms of functionality, they both boot the console into AutoRCM and can suffer from the same battery drainage issues. However, the solution to dealing with those issues are the same. Either power off from Hekate or the SX OS menu or perform a manual shutdown. Powering off from Horizon (within the Switch) may not actually turn off the console but instead boot it back into RCM.

0000ff and agas1957 like this.
  12. agas1957

agas1957 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2009
    United States
    Thank you.
    I am planning to update 3.0.1 -> 5.1 without burning fuses. And use SX OS. As far as I understand if I ever accidentally boot into Original firmware it will burn the fuses.
    Did I understand it correctly that with AutoRCM there is 100% no way to boot without injecting SX OS payload. And injecting SX OS payload will save fuses even if I updated to 5.1?

13. Draxzelex

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Correct. As long as you are running SX OS V1.2 or higher, your fuses will not burn when combined with AutoRCM.

agas1957 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice