Battery Problem After

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Keksus, Apr 27, 2018.

1. EpicLPer

EpicLPer Nice unless you give me a reason to hate you ;)

Mar 13, 2015
    Austria
    Austria
    If you do so I suspect you'll calibrate it to a lower mA tho as it really is since the calibration value in the Switch OS itself is completely off to begin with.

2. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    I can confirm that during the battery issue there is a strange effect on the ability to enter RCM that can make you think you've damaged the USB C port. But it vanishes as soon as you do the battery connector fix.

DarkMatterCore likes this.
  3. ehnoah

ehnoah GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 9, 2012
    Netherlands

Maybe, but it fixed it at least, I get low Energy now and I am at 7% atm. so it seems to work agian.

4. alkar

alkar GBAtemp Regular

Apr 30, 2013
    United States
    You obviously have a different problem than ours because we can't do the nintendo method : again the switch turns off every minute or so when it reaches 30%, it's quite impossible or really tedious to then drain it to 0% (and most likely not good for the battery to charge it 1000000 times just to turn it on every minute).

Also I tried to discharge it completely in RCM and charge it fully on Horizon and it didn't fix it. So again, it's a different problem.

5. ehnoah

ehnoah GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 9, 2012
    Netherlands

Maybe, through I had the same, I Spent tons of hours in Linux and now my Switch shutdown on 30% died. So yeah, I through I am on same boat.

6. EclipseSin

EclipseSin Ignorant Wizard

Apr 1, 2015
    United Kingdom
    221b Baker Street
    Not impossible or tedious. Just consumes time. Do what I said a page back and youll get it to die at 1% and it will charge the whole way.

7. EpicLPer

EpicLPer Nice unless you give me a reason to hate you ;)

Mar 13, 2015
    Austria
    Austria
    But it's still a stupid idea to charge your Switch ~100 times just for this when opening it isn't super hard. I know some don't know how to but then again if you're not willing to risk your console you should never hack it or run stuff that's not designed for it on it.

8. EclipseSin

Apr 1, 2015
    United Kingdom
    221b Baker Street
    It doesnt take 100 times. If you step down power consumption, you may have to charge it all of two times.

9. TerraPhantm

TerraPhantm GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    I tried that method at least 5x. There was a marginal improvement, but still was shutting down without warning at a higher percentage than it should. Disconnecting / reconnecting the battery fixed it completely.

10. EclipseSin

Apr 1, 2015
    United Kingdom
    221b Baker Street
    It works 100% of the time for me regardless of desynced percentage, so dont know what to tell you there. Removing the battery fixes it because it probably clears nvram or something. Unfortunately, I'm not opening my Switch every single time I want to do something in linux on it.

Rizzorules likes this.
  11. Shadow LAG

Shadow LAG GBAtemp Regular

May 10, 2013
    United States
    I'm going to do exactly what you did this weekend and see if I can get my switch to be effected. For now, please list your firmware on switch and joycon, pin method, and purchase date. Also we're you effected before, did the battery trick, and then re-effected?

Last edited by Shadow LAG, May 4, 2018
  12. TerraPhantm

TerraPhantm GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    I mean Linux is still pretty shitty on the Switch, I don't see the need to boot into it all the time. I just wanted to grab a nand dump, and now you don't even need linux for that.

And it takes all of 5 minutes to open the Switch - much easier and quicker than draining and recharging multiple times.

13. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    And what about anyone who just put all random stuff in the rails or joy-cons, entered RCM and sent payloads...

Did anyone who not boot Linux ever had it?????????

Last edited by guily6669, May 4, 2018
  14. EclipseSin

Apr 1, 2015
    United Kingdom
    221b Baker Street
    You're entitled to your opinion. I can let it sit there while I do other things, I'm not that obsessed with it. And yea, I guess you wouldn't need to boot into Linux often if you aren't doing anything that requires it. Imagine that.

15. TerraPhantm

TerraPhantm GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    So what work are you doing that requires a buggy implementation of Linux running on a Switch specifically? It's a novelty.

Who said anything about being obsessed? I'd rather just spend 5 minutes doing a definitive fix then dick around for days with discharging and recharging.

16. DarkMatterCore

DarkMatterCore I like turtles.

May 30, 2009
    Venezuela
    Cabimas, Zulia, Venezuela.
    I can confirm this as well.

Switch version: 5.0.2.
    Pin method: shorting pins 1 & 10.
    Purchase date: that's a big blank for me. I bought it through a reseller almost a month a half ago, but I don't know when they bought it. It's clearly an US console, that much I can tell. If it helps, its serial number is XAW40008842196.

And yes, I fixed the issue the first time with the battery trick, then got the problem a second time. I don't know how to check the Joy-Con version, btw.

17. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    so this only occurs when/after using linux?

18. wiewiec
    This message by wiewiec has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, May 9, 2018.
    May 4, 2018
  19. Nezztor

Nezztor GBAtemp Regular

Nov 8, 2016
    Mexico
    Yes if you are ready to disconnect your sw battery(or stick to 30% battery bug off) then you can try the above payloads

naddel81 likes this.
  20. re.lax

re.lax Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2009
    Canada
    Canada, Ab, Edmonton
    Really wanted to play around with Linux this weekend but might wait a bit to fix out this kink or too. Ooooor I’ll probably still do it anyways lol.

21. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    If only proper hardware power switches were still a thing.

DarkMatterCore likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice