Black 1 keeps freezing on dsimenu++

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Notemaze, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Notemaze
    OP

Notemaze Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2018
    United States
    So um is the answer to patch the game cause anti piracy I can't find what's wrong. Cause it freezes randomly while playing the game. Other games don't freeze. And also I can't go back to the home menu I have to power it down. Also the creator robz8 please make suspend points sometime like nes/snes classic. How do I fix this.

2. Notemaze
    OP

Notemaze Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2018
    United States
    Or is it the new bootstrap that just got released or new version of dsimenu.

3. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Yes, the answer is to patch the game.

4. Notemaze
    OP

Notemaze Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2018
    United States
    Thanks. I guess that's always the answer. Kirby had a white screen.

5. Notemaze
    OP

Notemaze Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2018
    United States
    Ok so I patched the game but it didn't work my Pokemon aren't gaining xp and it's freezing. Should I try a another rom. My patching software worked for Kirby.

6. Sophie-bear

Sophie-bear The Coolest Bear Around

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    Yep, just sounds like the patch didn't work judging by those results.

7. Notemaze
    OP

Notemaze Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2018
    United States
    Hmm I was using an Android maybe should I try my computer I wanted a quick solution and it worked for Kirby mass attack. Or should I try a new save. Or new rom or patch. There's different solutions I have but I don't know which will work.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Iam just wondering is it the new bootstrap or new excutible or what.

8. Sophie-bear

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    It's not bootstrap or DSiMenu++ if you're on the latest version of both. I've played Black and Black 2 without a hitch on them (both had to be AP patched, though). The save shouldn't matter, in theory. Try a different rom, would be my recommendation.

9. Natural

Natural GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2014
    United States
    I was playing Pokemon White 2 and the screen turned black and froze when I was in a Pokemon Center. What exactly is patching?

10. Sophie-bear

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    Basically, measures were built into the ROM to disallow copies of the games that are illegitimate from running correctly. An anti-piracy patch (or AP Patch) file can be applied to your ROM file using a computer and compatible patching software (usually something like LunarIPS or Delta Patcher) to remove these protective measures and make the game function as if it were a legitimate copy. Usually, a good way to find what you're looking for is to Google Search "(Game Name) AP Patch" or "(Game Name) Anti-piracy patch".

Natural likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice