Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 first multiplayer trailer, battle royale mode confirmed

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, May 17, 2018.

1. brunocar

brunocar GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2017
    Argentina
    BO3 didnt have that many cheaters, besides, who gives a fuck about cheaters when you have to go through a terrible service just to play the game, if uplay was as bad as it was in 2013 i wouldnt be playing R6S, battle.net has never improved, its practices are beyond anti consumer and its interface is not even customizable

2. Memoir

Memoir Just a Memory

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere, over there!
    Treyarch actually attempted to connect with the PC community. BO3 had a dedicated anti cheat and dedicated servers on PC. A much better experience but died due to content.

The bnet launcher is at least simplistic. Uplay is clunky..

3. brunocar

brunocar GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2017
    Argentina
    then it isnt steam's fault, its just that every other port besides BO3 since MW2 has been shit, the whole bnet thing is so they get more money, no other reason.
    also, uplay has gotten way better, is easily better than gog galaxy and origin now

4. Memoir

Memoir Just a Memory

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere, over there!
    That's saying something, I guess. I don't mind the UPlay launcher compared to origin. Especially being non intrusive.

MW2 had VAC, I don't know about anything after that.. But everything after that up until BO3 was developed more with consoles in mind.

5. KingMoogle

KingMoogle Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2017
    United States
    I personally think uplay is still awful and many of my friends do so too.
    With that being said I love Steam and Bnet over Origins and Uplay but again this comes down to personal preference.

MW2 was the reason I stopped playing CoD on pc, I recall people cheating nonstop on it with never ending streaks during free weekends.

6. Orangy57

Orangy57 bruh

Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    I hope this game has a good singleplayer campaign, but even if it doesn't, zombies looks awesome. It's nice to see some original ideas compared to how bland BO3's zombies was.

battle royale mode is a terrible idea though

7. Viorlu

Viorlu Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2017
    Netherlands
    Wooooow awesomeeee!!!! I'm not gonna buy this!!:wub::wub::wub:

DarthDub and stanleyopar2000 like this.
  8. brunocar

brunocar GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2017
    Argentina
    MW2's VAC implementation was terrible and outdated by the month, after that no game had anti cheat, so every single game was filled with cheaters up until BO3, they ports became worse and worse with each year, BO1 was borderline unplayable and still is, MW3 was MW2 with no anti cheat, BO2 had tons of bugs if you played the game at more than 60 FPS, ghosts was a mess in so many ways i cant even get started without writing a wall of text, advance warfare had issues with resolution and still no anticheat and infinite warfare had problems with FOV and models clipping

Memoir likes this.
  9. CreeperdivoHomebrewer

CreeperdivoHomebrewer Gbatemp's Sketchy Guy

Jan 4, 2016
    Canada
    The Hidden Leaf Village
    Looks good. Zombies looks good but the battle royals, idk because fortnite is not really my thing and it gets over rated. I’ll try it tho

10. brunocar

brunocar GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2017
    Argentina
    how can you love bnet? its a mess, you cant even change your account name without paying more than once, its basically nothing but a store page and a play button for each game, its just there to get you to buy more shit, uplay at least has the dignity of having more features.

also, MW2 was the start of the terrible ports, but BO3 was an amazing port, with a good anti cheat, mod support, it actually worked well, etc.

11. Memoir

Memoir Just a Memory

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere, over there!
    They were rushed console ports, and it was blatantly obvious. I built my PC for the better experience. Only on so few newer games (not just cod) was that true. It seems the devs are finally starting to cater toward the PC side better while keeping console players happy. The in between of WaW and bo3 was so bad. Almost gave up after WW2 as well. I sincerely hope they do it right this year.

Last edited by Memoir, May 17, 2018
  12. brunocar

brunocar GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2017
    Argentina
    im not too hyped about this game due to the lack of campaign and bnet, but i hope at least the port is decent

Memoir likes this.
  13. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH -

May 31, 2016
    Italy
    Italian summer island
    Battle Royale mode to be on the current trend and no effort on campaign mode?
    Wow who could ever have guessed it...

14. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    Pc version will probably have the same nonsense as Destiny 2. No hooking the .exe without the game throwing a fit. So no rtss and capture methods except screen capture :(.

15. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's official lewd axolotl

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    It means on content updates... black ops 3 was still beinh updated with game modes, the zombie chronicles dlc and the not so loved lootboxes weapons and skins.

16. GhostLatte

GhostLatte Yet Another Shitposter

Mar 26, 2015
    Antarctica
    Mob of the Dead remastered looks really good! One of my favorite zombies maps.

17. StarWarsTrilogies

StarWarsTrilogies Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2018
    United States
    I actually really like this. They are legit fixing the flaws of this franchise. No automatic healing. Good. No more linear setpieces and focusing on refining zombies and multiplayer. I mean we still we still have bots so it's still good. I don't care about COD making a story anyway.

18. silvershadow

silvershadow GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2006
    Canada
    what kind of nonsense is their logo. Black Ops IIII lol.

it should be Black Ops IV.

i guess they are doing a Tally, the next one will have a diagonal strike through it. lol

Or worse, they might do: Black Ops IIIII :D

They should start teaching back Roman Numerals in schools. Id laugh if the "IIII" in the logo was just because the person in charge of it never learned what Roman Numerals are.

DarthDub and YOUCANTSTOPME like this.
  19. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Hey look, hot garbage. You all know this franchise hasn't been good since MW.

20. GhostLatte

GhostLatte Yet Another Shitposter

Mar 26, 2015
    Antarctica
    That's only an opinion. I could say the same about the Switch.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice