Question Can you use the SX Dongle to run Hecate instead?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by BlackwingAngelx, Jul 12, 2018.

1. BlackwingAngelx
    OP

BlackwingAngelx GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2013
    United States
    Just the basic Hecate payload that everyone is using. Not the SX OS itself. Honestly, I'm more interested in having a wireless method of getting into RCM and the dongle would fix that. I don't want to use SX OS and get banned yet. At least not until the games I want are in the shop and I can download them. So is it possible to just launch into Hecate without using SX OS at all?

slaphappygamer likes this.
  2. jjbredesen

jjbredesen Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    jjbredesen is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 16, 2018
    Norway
    Hyrule
    Not yet, but I believe they are working on it.

3. Kalleno

Kalleno Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2016
    Gambia, The
    You can. In the Options menu, where you can activate the autoRCM you have the Option to inject a different payload which is read from the SD Root.

I tested that already.

4. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer The real slaphappygamer

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    Aptos, California
    Right. It says “launch external payload” or something like that. I am going to check out Hekate before registering my dongle.

Kalleno likes this.
  5. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    As of earlier today, ctcaer released a script that converts a payload to a boot.dat that can be started directly by the dongle, and the default payload it does this to is his latest ipl release.
    I think someone posted a ready-converted boot.dat of it, probably in the SX OS 1.3 unpacker thread in the backup loader section.

6. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Addict

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    I was thinking of the same, the big advantage of the dongle is to get rid of the PC/Phone!

7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
  8. BlackwingAngelx
    OP

BlackwingAngelx GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2013
    United States
    Ok cool. Thanks for the info guys. My dongle isn't here yet, but I just wanted to know my options. I'll wait out the SX OS until there is more info on the bans. At least I can wirelessly boot into Hecate now. Awesome!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice