CTR_Redshift - hardware-based blue light filter for old3DS and 2DS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by MarcusD, Jan 9, 2018.

1. MarcusD
    OP

MarcusD WOODMILLS!

Oct 16, 2015
    Austria
    Austro-Hungarian Monarchy
    Nope, this is a boot.firm, just replace your already existing boot.firm :P

Oh I think I know the problem... you're releasing A too slow, and this is an oversight, my bad :P Let me fix it real fast...

EDIT: done http://puu.sh/AxWVU/a6635739b3.firm

Last edited by MarcusD, Jun 2, 2018
    Nutez likes this.
  2. silver_raid

silver_raid Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Yep that fixed it! Thanks!

MarcusD likes this.
  3. Nutez

Nutez Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2018
    United Kingdom
    My favourite bit of homebrew along with your LED toggle :wub: . So nice to be able to play in the dark without burning your eyes out. Hypothetically, would it be possible to apply the screen brightness settings at startup with a button press? I'm imaging the dream scenario where you can "Hold X for night mode" and it applies screen dim/redshift/LED toggle and maybe even loads a selected nighttime theme. And/or is this something that could be done via GodMode9 script? Thanks for the great work and entertaining my naive questions haha.

MarcusD likes this.
  4. MarcusD
    OP

MarcusD WOODMILLS!

Oct 16, 2015
    Austria
    I guess I could try looking into a boot-time alternative a few days later, but it will have a slight chance of failing miserably and thus either softlocking the entire system or having a totally black screen due to the color table being all zero. I'll see what I can do :P

Also, I don't get these GM9 scripts, why would a GM9 script be able to solve everything? I seriously don't know :wacko:

CheatFreak47 likes this.
  5. Nutez

Nutez Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Black screen would use less power and I could play by sounds alone :P . Any experimentation would be greatly appreciated though, thanks :D .
    I thought there was a GM9 script for changing theme at least.

6. MarcusD
    OP

MarcusD WOODMILLS!

Oct 16, 2015
    Austria
    Sadly a blank screen wouldn't use that much less power to be noticable. I'd also have to turn off the backlight for that, but sadly that requires a gsp patch, which is still in the works.

7. Nutez

Nutez Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2018
    United Kingdom
    So the GSP module has a service for using the LCD (http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/GSP_Services). What does GSP actually stand for though? It's bugging me and google just gives junk about GPS...

8. MarcusD
    OP

MarcusD WOODMILLS!

Oct 16, 2015
    Austria
    I have absolutely no ida what gsp stands for, but my guess would be "graphics service-protocol".

Also, gsp::Lcd is useless, you could do that yourself by poking some memory addresses.

9. trecko1234

trecko1234 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 10, 2013
    United States
    fwiw, this might be of some help for you to see how NTR altered the backlight brightness in the past.

http://github.com/44670/NTR/issues/9

I've been able to frankenfirmware my 3DS in order to get the NTR backlight brightness function to work correctly, but that was back in January so I don't remember which CIAs I installed and what changed for it to work.

MarcusD likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice