Question DevMenu - Replace Icon and Name [?]

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by morrison22, Jul 11, 2018.

1. lukhart

lukhart GBAtemp Stand User

May 10, 2018
    Brazil
    NSP version isn't the problem for Pokémon Quest. I installed mine from devmenu with bayonetta xci before swapping them. It could be a wrong tik or your files. Try downloading the original devmenu files instead of using the patcher. Also, you have to be on 5.1

Last edited by lukhart, Jul 11, 2018
    morrison22 likes this.
  2. jjbredesen

jjbredesen Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    jjbredesen is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 16, 2018
    Norway
    Hyrule
    You can't install the dev menu nsp, its encrypted with dev keys, so your console would not have the keys to decrypt it. You would need to decrypt it and then encrypt it to retail, but the tools for that are still very private.

As for changing icons and the name, its very easy to do, but yet again those tools will need to stay private for a while.

Last edited by jjbredesen, Jul 11, 2018
    Thetoto and morrison22 like this.
  3. morrison22
    OP

morrison22 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 26, 2005
    United States
    This worked. I just had to try again. Thanks.

4. Speshe

Speshe Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Are we any nearer to a solution be cause Pokemon quest is far to tempting for the kids to keep selecting
    Surely there must be an icon file somewhere we can edit
    Could it be accessed through nx-shell ? Does that have root access ?

5. 210modz

210modz GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2017
    United States
    When you're not using devmenu you can add a character to the end of the title id folder. This will make it load the original title when not in use. I just use nx-shell to rename it.

Attached Files:

Speshe and morrison22 like this.
  6. morrison22
    OP

morrison22 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 26, 2005
    United States
    While this doesn't solve how to change the icon for aesthetics, it does make it functional. However, I would rather the icon tho cuz I am the visual type. hah.

Does anyone know what the icon dimensions are?

7. punderino

punderino aka Big-PeePee Swinger

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Kansas City, Missouri
    It's just someone using the SDK to reencrypt it from being dev signed to retail signed. Not sure how they managed to make the NCA and get that to NSP format or any of that, but it was with the SDK.

8. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    If you use an xci to launch it then at least it's somewhat hidden away in the album. I use mega man legacy which at 700mb is one of the smaller games to use as donor.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice