[DISCUSSION] New Super Ultimate Injector (NSUI)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by CatmanFan, Apr 3, 2018.

1. greenkoala

greenkoala Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2013
    United States
    Any way to make the banners 3D and possibly like the OG titles from eShop (e.g the vanilla VC banner for GBA doesn't have GBA anywhere and it's just a simple 3D box, not a 3D console thingy).

EDIT: Nevermind just found out only GBA on VC are the ambassador titles and they show up exactly as they do on NSUI's vanilla "3d cartridge".

Last edited by greenkoala, Jun 5, 2018
  2. wii_go

wii_go Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2008
    France
    Paris FRANCE
    i wan't to know if a retroarch will be added (found a rep in my pc that have all i want in cia... shame shame shame)... sorry if already asked

Last edited by wii_go, Jun 6, 2018
  3. SnowShark

SnowShark Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2018
    United States
    An Igloo
    Yeah I had this issue for a min. Finally got Battletoads and Battletoads + Double Dragon to work consistently using Retroarch QuickNES with "Enable Suspend Point" disabled in Content Options.

4. JambonBeurreMan

JambonBeurreMan Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2018
    France
    Just a copy/paste of what I wrote on the GBA VC injector thread.

Vulpes-Vulpeos likes this.
  5. MultiKoopa

MultiKoopa Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2018
    United States
    I don't know where to even try to fix this problem I'm having. Guess I'll start by asking here

I'm having issues with a very specific game and New Super Ultimate Injector: Mega Man Battle Network 3 (Blue and White). Specifically, it's the Wii U patched versions of those games (which added some exclusive chips, changed map tile brightness, and that's about it).

When I use NSUI to generate CIA files with them, they work just perfectly with no problems. If I use NSUI and add Sleep and Hard Reset patches, the games will run, and both Sleep and Hard Reset will work. But... the second I try to enter an in-game menu (Save, Network, Folder, or anything else), the game just soft-freezes. Music will keep playing, but I can't control the game anymore. The Hard Reset will still work, Sleep Mode combo will still work, but nothing else.

The non-Wii U patched MMBN3 games will work just fine with Sleep/Reset patches. The other games in the series have no issues of any kind like this.

So uh... Where would I even start on trying to figure this out? It's a very specific case, since there's not many GBA games with Wii U specific goodies.

What I really don't get is why a problem like this would occur with in-game menus when adding those patches, especially when none of the other games have that problem, and the non-Wii U patched MMBN3 games don't have this problem. Anybody have any ideas?

6. Muladhara86

Muladhara86 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2018
    United States
    I've used the RetroArch PocketSNES method on a number of games (7th Saga, Terranigma, Super Metroid).

The first time I loaded them they worked fine. I've noticed that they seem to create a save state when I close them, so Super Metroid loaded straight to the file select screen mid-audio. 7th Saga loads into the intro cinematic, then crashes. Terranigma loaded to the second room and the screen faded to black. Controls don't work but the sound is still playing.

How do I load these games normally (not from a save state)? I'm confused as to whether or not I need to also be installing RetroArch PocketSNES, and if that might help me manage these cias I installed. I chose the cia method because I wanted all the games available from one screen, regardless of original platform.

7. Wacko22

Wacko22 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    If you have the game projects saved in your NSUI library, open them, then click Edit content options, and uncheck Enable Suspend Point. This will disable the auto save/load state function.

If you don't have the projects saved, then you can start fresh. The other way is just a bit more seamless with keeping your savedata, else you will have to go into the nsui_forwarders_data folder on your SD card and transfer things around there.

RetroArch PocketSNES can't manage the forwarders' settings, the cfg used in the forwarders is loaded from RomFS and isn't editable. If you want to change something, the basic process is change it in NSUI, re-export CIA, reinstall.

Last edited by Wacko22, Jun 19, 2018
  8. Muladhara86

Muladhara86 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2018
    United States
    Thank you, Wacko22. I just deleted all the games and created new .cias without Suspend Points. I've since been able to launch and relaunch all games without error.

I've got a new question regarding Star Ocean (SNES). My first attempt saw me using a pre-patched ROM with DeJap 1.0 (I've been using the RetroArch PocketSNES forwarder). All the graphics were jumbled and the game was unplayable. Cursory searches tell me that I need to install some sort of graphics patches, but they aren't available anywhere. I found a patch on romhacking.net to uncompress the graphics to make up for a lack of a certain chip, and I applied this to the pre-patched ROM. Now the game boots to a black screen and nothing happens.

Is this a known issue issue with a known solution?

9. Mrtoad883

Mrtoad883 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2018
    United States
    Now that nds bootstrap has really taken off and made ds games playable on 3ds off SD card, will there be a way to make an emulator/injector version for DS CIAs?

10. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku no thanks, I don't want a custom title

Jul 20, 2016
    Japan
    ~/
    Does anyone know when this is actually releasing? Beta 27 has been out forever, and there's been no word at all.

noctis90210 likes this.
  11. Pickle_Rick

Pickle_Rick I'M PICKLE RICK!

Aug 28, 2017
    United States
    Somewhere
    I think it's dead. But that's fine, beta 27 works great.

OkazakiTheOtaku likes this.
  12. JambonBeurreMan

JambonBeurreMan Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2018
    France
    It's not. ;)

13. OkazakiTheOtaku

Jul 20, 2016
    Japan
    ~/
    Do you have any reason to say this or is it conjecture?
    Fair enough. It does work great.

14. Vulpes-Vulpeos

Vulpes-Vulpeos Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2018
    Ukraine
    Украина
    I asked Asdolo directly in twitter. The project is alive.

http://twitter.com/asdolo94/status/1011941661956628482

15. OkazakiTheOtaku

Jul 20, 2016
    Japan
    ~/
    TheMooX likes this.
  16. TheMooX

TheMooX Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2017
    United States
    I'm loving this tool so much, it's an ease to create nice presets and then generate a lot of custom injections. I like to use the retroarch features, remaping is a huge plus. (Just keep in mind that you can't double bind, took me a while to figure it out)

I enjoy my time with it, reorganizing my rom library and creating my own titles. I've done 6 bottom screen images to use with retroarch forwarders, I was thinking that they were worth sharing, so here they are:

http://drive.google.com/open?id=1_diBSqH6G4aBzaditWQQFBcKxe-XGPX5

[​IMG]

17. Vulpes-Vulpeos

Vulpes-Vulpeos Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2018
    Ukraine
    Украина
    I made cartridge labels for top banner for my injects. It is the best looking option at the moment in my opinion.
    But it will be interesting to see how GBA banner will look in the future ^_^

Attached Files:

18. Asdolo

Asdolo the Hedgehog

Apr 29, 2016
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires
    Really like them!

Could I add them to NSUI? :D

19. TheMooX

TheMooX Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2017
    United States
    Glad to hear that! Of course you can, they are meant to be shared and it would be an honor :D

I will make other for the remaining systems then, FDS, PCE and Atari 2600 and 7800, I will pm you them once they're ready :)

juniorcba, noctis90210 and Asdolo like this.
  20. MultiKoopa

MultiKoopa Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2018
    United States
    I guess nobody has any idea about my problem :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice