COMPLETED Duke Nukem 3D

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by cpasjuste, Apr 29, 2018.

1. cpasjuste
    OP

cpasjuste GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 27, 2015
    France
    Hi,

Here is the first release of a Duke Nukem 3D engine (eduke32). i do have put some time in it to make it as good as possible, i think i did succeed :)
    I wanted to make a little video to show you how this game is cool, but well, the custom rom on my phone is a little crappy and doesn"t allow video recording yet :x

i currently doesn't have the time to write a lot of information about the port, but you'll find a few on the release page : http://github.com/Cpasjuste/eduke32/releases

I hope you'll enjoy :)

THANKS
    • devkitPro and libnx people: yellows8, plutoo, profi200, WntrMute ....
    • eduke32 team
    • ScHlAuChi for providing a 3.0 Switch! (you rock mate)

Last edited by cpasjuste, May 24, 2018 at 10:35 AM
  2. Thanks for your effort! It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... damn, I'm all out of gum.

3. RichKK

RichKK Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Works fine, awesome work again my friend!

4. _n3o_

_n3o_ Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2011
    France
    Good job again Cpasjuste ;)
    You're da man !

Come get some !

5. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    Can anyone plz show a video of it.

Anyway the forum is sucking so much lately, I wonder when a software release sub-forum for Switch will appear or a sticky thread here with everything that got released and was forgotten... When CFW arrives it will be so much hard to find all the awesome releases up to that date.

6. Absintu

Absintu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2018
    Portugal
    agree.. Its gonna be even worst as summer arrives

7. x0x0

x0x0 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2017
    Poland
    Inside the code
    Great port but we cannot saving :(

8. DocAmes1980

DocAmes1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 31, 2016
    United States
    Great. Thank you. Have you considered using the stock ROM rooted, with Xposed modules? I'm using a OnePlus 5T with the stock ROM. Gravity Box [O] has all the custom ROM like tweaks that I need.

9. cpasjuste
    OP

Aug 27, 2015
    France
    I sort of like using beta ROMs, currently using lineage 15.1 on my old note 4, but I also agree that modded stock ROMs are usually the best.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ill take a look very soon !

Last edited by cpasjuste, Apr 29, 2018
    x0x0 likes this.
  10. DocAmes1980

DocAmes1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 31, 2016
    United States
    In the meantime there is this:
    http://switchbru.com/appstore/

11. guily6669

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    Yeah but there's a lot of stuff here even for Windows related to switch that kinda got forgotten it's not just things released 4 Switch it self ;).

DocAmes1980 likes this.
  12. crazyxelite

crazyxelite Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2013
    Aveiro, Portugal
    Nice work!

Last edited by crazyxelite, Apr 29, 2018
  13. Gootah

Gootah GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2013
    United States
    Does it work on 1.0?

14. HtheB

HtheB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2006
    Netherlands
    Bize Her Yer Trabzon
    Works nice on 2.1.0
    Is there a way to get the music to work?

15. notimp

notimp GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 18, 2007
    Plays like a charm. :) Except as stated above, saving currently doesnt work. It seems, that the game expects a name entry at that point, so mapping any joypad key to any number or letter key should be a way around this. :).

edit: BGM Music doesnt seem to work either - that goes for 3.0.0 as well. :)

Warning: Spoilers inside!

16. guily6669

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    Nice pics, but wheres a video of it, pics don't show the performance even though I bet it already runs smooth, but still would like to see a video of it running.

17. Gootah

Gootah GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2013
    United States
    Tried about 10x on 1.0, seems the presence of this app instacrashes the unit.

18. notimp

Sep 18, 2007
    There is a flag in build.cfg for enabling music, havn't figured out if this is how music could be enabled, but in case no music is related to this - heres the documentation: http://wiki.eduke32.com/wiki/Configuration_file_options

Also - I havent found how to use items (Jetpack, Holo Duke...) without mapping them to specific buttons - so cycling through them doesnt do any good currently. I might be missing something very obvious - but I don't know where.. ;)

A way to have full keyboard entry options would be great - for the simple reason of enabling cheats (phrases like DNKROY, or DNSTUFF would have to be entered on the cheats screen), I've looked into if enabled cheats could be prepopulated via .cfg - and they can't but maybe they can via a "savefile" - I'll try this out eventually.

I'm uploading a shady video to give you an impression about performance right now - edit with the videolink soon to come.

cpasjuste likes this.
  19. cpasjuste
    OP

Aug 27, 2015
    France
    I noticed it try to load a "timidity.cfg" file which doesn't exist yet of course (and search in wrong places..). I think it should not be to hard to get music, I may try to take a look today.

HtheB likes this.
  20. notimp

Sep 18, 2007
    Thank you. :)

Here is a video for everyone to gage performance on. (Its 60fps+ in game (judged by feel ;) ) )

http://streamable.com/l6o7s

Please try to ignore the odd camera angle and dirt underneath the fingernail on the left (*gross*). ;)

TheZoc, cyb0rg and guily6669 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice