Firmware status

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Nah3DS, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Patience is a virtue. Also, this is something that these people do as a hobby, for free, in their own spare time. Life just gets in the way sometimes.

2. KuDesNik_aka_VipeR

KuDesNik_aka_VipeR Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2018
    Russia
    I understand this perfectly and appreciate their work. It's just that usually there is a calm before the storm. So I decided to ask...

Erol likes this.
  3. DaveC1964

DaveC1964 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2013
    United States
    How do you know if you have a Mariko unit or not? If I buy a Switch now how would I know if it is Mariko or not if it has a 5.x firmware on it?

4. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Why does the OP say "TBD" for 5.x.x softmods? I was told such a thing was impossible or unlikely, so, shouldn't the OP be changed to "impossible"?

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Mariko units have not appeared yet so we do not know how to identify them. At the very least, they need a 5.X firmware.
    Deja Vu, the softmod that works up to 4.1, has not been released yet so there is reason to believe Nintendo has not patched it out in 5.X. However, the developers have not tested this nor any other softmods on 5.X so we cannot say for certain there are no softmods that can work for 5.X.

6. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Well, 4.x.x softmods haven't been released yet, and no one on the Switch hacking teams likely even have 5.x.x consoles, so I'm not even gonna bother holding my breath for that one. I don't see it being a thing for years IMO.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice