Firmware status

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Nah3DS, Jan 24, 2018.

1. TAUSENN

TAUSENN Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2016
    Mexico
    Do not expect much consistency from a project that will always be in a grey area.

Last edited by TAUSENN, Jul 4, 2018
  2. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Dude, stop.

3. tiliarou

tiliarou Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2018
    France
    No need to start a useless or homo/transphobic debate.
    Thank you to stay on topic.

TotalInsanity4 and TAUSENN like this.
  4. TAUSENN

TAUSENN Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2016
    Mexico
    You are right.

5. masterzed

masterzed Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2015
    Gambia, The
    hi all, iam on fw 2.3 can i update to 3,01 or is it better to stay? i

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    I should also add that if you update to 5.1 with the intention of returning to 3.0.1, you will lose the ability to play cartridges on firmwares below 4.0

7. masterzed

masterzed Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2015
    Gambia, The
  8. Draxzelex

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    @Nah3DS It might be worth updating OP to let users know if they have a Switch with a 4.1 firmware and their serial number is XAJ40043XXXXXX or higher that it is no longer vulnerable to Fusee Gelee aka the bootrom exploit so it is highly recommended for these users to not update in order to keep their Switches as hackable as possible

Last edited by Draxzelex, Jul 13, 2018 at 4:14 PM
    Nah3DS likes this.
  9. Nah3DS
    OP

Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Feb 9, 2010
    Argentina
    Yes Draxzelex, I was waiting for confirmation on a way to differentiate these new units.

So XAJ4004 is the limit. What about XAW? (iirc those are the american ones)

10. Draxzelex

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    That's the issue, we only have reports so far from users in China meaning they bought Japanese Switch units. Nobody else has reported any Switch units with the exploit patched with other serial numbers or in regions outside Asia, at the very least. I'll keep monitoring the situation myself but I just thought it might be a good idea to get the word out especially in the pinned threads. I don't know how well the serial numbers compare region to region, but it may be identified in a similar fashion so everyone, not just those in Asia, can take extra caution when buying a new Switch or updating regardless of their region.

11. Nah3DS
    OP

Feb 9, 2010
    Argentina
    Thanks for the help Draxzelex.
    I did a quick update to the OP. I believe Deja Vu still works on these units... let me know if the wording is ok to you.

Draxzelex likes this.
  12. Draxzelex

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Looking good. Also, this is somewhat related and is totally up to you but you can swap out using the word softmod when you're referring to Deja Vu and say something such as loading a webpage or similar to the way you load the exploit for the PS4. Again, you don't have to but it might be a nice distinction for some people to understand better the differences between the exploits. Regardless, everything is looking good!

13. Priyam

Priyam GBAtemp Regular

Jul 27, 2012
    India
    from that thread, now we have one from west too, XAWX006, we need the exact cut off for west too

Nah3DS and Draxzelex like this.
  14. Jhyrachy

Jhyrachy GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2011
    Italy
    Bought one too days ago, just arrived:
    Firmware: 4.0.1
    Serial: XAJ70031

I still do not have an USB C cable nor TX, so I can't say if I can launch the payload, but since it's on 4.0.1 should be good.

15. Nah3DS
    OP

Feb 9, 2010
    Argentina
    I will do a new chart when we have more info about these new Switch units.
    If I need any help, I will send you a pm.

Draxzelex likes this.
  16. mr_saturn

mr_saturn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2006
    Canada
    Alberta
    Not sure how accurate that is. That serial has been in the wild since at least March

Edit:

I have a XAJ4004XXXXXXX unit that I have no problem getting into RCM and running Hekate 3.2

Last edited by mr_saturn, Jul 13, 2018 at 2:36 PM
  17. Draxzelex

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Yeah it turns out that you need an XAJX40043 for it to be patched. Sorry I didn't update the original post but the information is still being gathered and this is the preliminary data based on the user reports.

18. mr_saturn

mr_saturn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2006
    Canada
    Alberta
    I have XAJX40044, I hope this isn't an elaborate scheme to get me to post my full serial # :ph34r:

Draxzelex likes this.
  19. SoCALCat

SoCALCat Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2018
    United States
    Hi guys. I just purchased a 2nd Switch and my S/N starts with XAW100857XXXXX
    FW: 4.1.0

Since I have my other Switch with TX OS. I figured I'll sit tight before installing any CFW or setup the new Switch.

So I used TegraRcmGUI 2.0 to see if the software detected the Switch and it did. It says "RCM DETECTED" but no text on the Switch Screen. I don't have an SD Card installed in the Switch. I just took it out of the box to check the OFW under "Maintnance Mode" and to see if TegraRcmGUI would detect it...

Does this mean that the Switch is patch free and be able to handle CFW on it whenever I'm ready to install?

I'm pretty sure the Switch is not patched because of the RCM being detected by TegraRcmGUI, but I rather get a second opinion...
    Thx in Adv.

Last edited by SoCALCat, Jul 14, 2018 at 2:49 PM
  20. Cdoan34

Cdoan34 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    So I think the patches ones don't have a problem getting to recovery mode (rcm) but they are patched so you can't send payloads. So the way to test is to try and push a payload to see if it goes through. I tested mine by checking my bis keys

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice