RELEASE Gemma M0 / Trinket M0 UF2 Files & Guide - Battery Discharge Fix

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by mattytrog, Jun 20, 2018.

1. mattytrog
    OP

mattytrog Somebodys Offspring

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Very strange... What method did you follow? What straps have you connected and to where? Every switch I have done it is working fine... Puzzled!

EDIT:::

Gemma M0 files added to OP btw everyone if needed...

DOUBLE EDIT::: If you are using Hekate, I had a similar problem. See OP for details.

Last edited by mattytrog, Jul 12, 2018
  2. a7mag3ddon

a7mag3ddon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2013
    Thanks for that, when I double tap I don't get trinket boot but work PC might be blocking. I only get the circuitpy drive.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

3. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Keep trying mate! LED colour will change to red and once it successfully connects to PC, it will turn green.

4. crow132

crow132 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2016
    Saint Helena
    I did not try any method yet, just playing around with autorcm before modding my switch this weekend

Not sure if modding the switch will change that, but so far my battery drains when powering off after installing autorcm :(

5. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I`m assuming you are using Hekate?

6. crow132

crow132 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2016
    Saint Helena
    nope, sxos loader, i launch sxos and i shut the system down from it, it ended up in RCM mode

also tried to shut down the system pressing the power button until is off and still my battery ended up discharging

I tried now applying the battery desync fix, but since its not related its probably pointless

7. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Yes. Pointless. Something must be happening to put it in RCM. Whenever autoRCM is enabled and you don't send a payload, it will flatten the battery.

8. crow132

crow132 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2016
    Saint Helena
    may it be because I applied two different auto rcms? I uninstalled one before trying the other (hekate and sx loader) and when I uninstall autorcm the systems boots and turn off normally...

Anyway, I have no clue why thats happening, I will install the trinket and report my results.. If I keep having the same problem ill probably uninstall autorcm and Ill use my moded joycon to enter rcm

sad :(

9. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Possible but I doubt it. I just use SX loader RCM.

10. consolex

consolex Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2016
    France
    I do not understand why method 3 burns efuses.
    I'm looking for the best method without using autoRCM or JIG ?

11. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    It doesn`t burn efuses purposely. It may never do. But if you upgrade your firmware via messing around not burning efuses with memloader etc etc, if the trinket fails even once to catch RCM in time, your fuses are gone and future downgrades are impossible. I put that for people who wish to downgrade at some point in the future.

OP updated too @Everybody

12. consolex

consolex Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2016
    France
    Ok then method 3 is the best I think :)
    No need for JIG, just power + vol +

13. pandavova

pandavova @pandavova FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Oct 27, 2015
    Germany
    Windows 10 Pro
    I just want to clearify some things for me:
    1.) Why dont you need to remove the Resistor for Method 1?
    2.) Are the Files for the Trinket M0 build with http://github.com/Quantum-cross/sam-fusee-launcher-internal? Or are you using something else?
    3.) Where would be the optimal postion to mount the Trinket M0 when using Method 1?

14. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    I think this is what I was doing wrong.

Ok, it pretty much works 90% of the time for me now if I follow the rhythm clickety-clickety-connect. It's also easy to tell if you're looking at the Switch screen as when you plug in the usb cable, the battery charging indicator becomes an X.

15. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    You got it young sir!

16. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    You mean the LED? You don`t need to remove it for any... Just a power-saving measure :)
    Yes. They are Sam-fusee-launcher by quantum-cross with a couple of altered lines by me and different payloads.

Optimal? On the battery?

But we cannot as there is not the space.
    So in the airduct is fine. It doesn`t impede airflow at all.

pandavova likes this.
  17. noX1609

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    Thanks for you help will try it.
    We tried to boot it without the cap but it doesn‘t boot completely. It displayes the Nintendo logo and then the nintendo switch logo but then it stayes there and don‘t boot completely.
    Could you mark the two points you metioned on a picture?
    And next time you have a removed board on hand it would be great if you could check the point if it should be ground or where it needs to go to.

18. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Erm... sure! Gimme ten min.

@noX1609 Tell you what... On the trinket under the regulator there is a capacitor already fitted. I haven`t removed it from the board to find the value, but that is doing the same job as your missing one... Just for scientific purposes, connect the trinket up and test it. You tried it without the trinket before I guess? I have a sneaky feeling that the smoothing cap on the trinket will be sufficient for the switch as well as the trinket. Try it and report back.

Actually... I`m a twat. Scrub that. Its the bottom pad thats knackered isnt it? ie the VCC pad.

19. noX1609

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    I marked the pad i mean red in this picture
    60C90A81-3A39-461D-8454-12EB6657583E.jpeg

It‘s not the point where trinket needs to be soldered to it‘s the opposit one.
    So i need to know where this is connected to so that i‘m able to recover the switch :)

Last edited by noX1609, Jul 12, 2018
  20. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Got you. I`m sure you said in an earlier post you tested it and it went to ground? If so, any ground will do

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice