RELEASE Gemma M0 / Trinket M0 UF2 Files & Guide - Battery Discharge Fix

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by mattytrog, Jun 20, 2018.

1. noX1609

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    Hmm yea took a multimeter and it beeped when i touched a ground pin.
    The problem is the points are so tiny and there is not much space between them so i‘m not sure i didn‘t touch a secound point so it would be great if you or anyone else could test if it‘s really connected to ground or not so i could be sure i can fix it.
    I tried it with another cap but console doesn‘t do anything (but i dont know the value of it so this could be the problem too because my multimeter can‘t messure capacity. When there is nothing soldered it shows the two boot logos but then it freezes and doesn‘t boot correctly.

Last edited by noX1609, Jul 12, 2018
  2. mattytrog
    OP

mattytrog Somebodys Offspring

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    On the flip side of the board, the point comes out under the audio chip - the ALC. At least I`m assuming its an audio chip. Not got docs to hand.

You could probe around that to see if it "bells out". I haven`t got one in bits at the moment.

EDIT: Actually... Fook it. I`ll take back off and have a probe for you. Gimme half hour.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

@noX1609 Yes. It goes to ground.

Furthermore, under the reset switch on the trinket, the smoothing cap for the trinket is connected to the same points. Buzz it out yourself. So you can just connect the trinket and be back as you were. So instead of using the point on the switch to smooth it, we are using the trinket. Have you tried this?

Last edited by mattytrog, Jul 12, 2018
    noX1609 likes this.
  3. a7mag3ddon

a7mag3ddon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2013
    Thank for all the updates and info on this @mattytrog much apreciated. Going to fit this method 1 style at the weekend now i have the new files on there, i dont want to have to mess about holding buttons down etc.. just turn it on and go.. if i wanna boot OFW can be done via SXOS and if i want to do nand dumps again etc, can be done via launch external payload in SXOS :-D

Ill keep my pro dongle as a back up :-D

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Oooh forgot to ask, do we still flick the resistor off for the LED or should we just leave as is or remove ALL led's

mattytrog likes this.
  4. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Up to you. If doing method 1, just leave it on. Not like it draws much. Keep the RGB DotStar thing on it.

The only logical reason for removing the LED is to save power when it is connected permanently. But since it isn`t being connected permanently...
    I`d remove it for method 3.

5. noX1609

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    Thank you so so much for testing it.
    Will solder the trinket to the console and test if it works :)

mattytrog likes this.
  6. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Yep, keep us informed!

7. pandavova

pandavova @pandavova FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Oct 27, 2015
    Germany
    Windows 10 Pro
    Btw, could you share your edited script, with which you uploaded the M0 files?
    (Maybe make a fork of the git and do your changes/improvements there?)
    Would be very nice!

8. pandavova

pandavova @pandavova FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Oct 27, 2015
    Germany
    Windows 10 Pro
    -double post-

9. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I can do, but there is literally bugger-all to change apart from a couple of lines and values. I`ll github it later and provide source. But you will see there is no real difference.

pandavova likes this.
  10. noX1609

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    @mattytrog: Could you check another point for me? Because as i have seen now he also burnt the resistor (should be one because on picture s it‘s black) where Pin 4 is soldered to (it’s marked on Picture 3 in the OP) and because of that his power button doesn‘t work. It‘s hard to see on the pictures is it connected with the resistor that‘s above it or not? And do you know the value of it?

11. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Are you sure it is burned and ruined? Could it just be a poor connection due to crud off the soldering iron? No idea of the value. But lets guess...

V = 1.8v, because it is a signal and it isn`t passing any real current... Lets be generous and say 1mA.

So if we say R=V/I, this would make 1.8v / 0.001 = 1800 Ohms. So I`d try a 1.8Kohm there to start with..

I can`t give an exact answer as the wife has stolen the bloody switch and others are waiting for collection first thing. And our scrapper that I use for testing stuff is somewhat indisposed at the minute :)

12. noX1609

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    Ok thanks will try it with that value and see :)
    If you could check if these both are connected tomorrow/when you get your hands back ln the switch it would be great :)

13. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Will do! Good luck

14. ModderFokker619

ModderFokker619 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 2, 2015
    Awesome guide. Just ordered me a batch of 5 and method one looks legit. Thank you.

mattytrog likes this.
  15. efxonly123

efxonly123 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2018
    United States
    Mattytrog, thanks for the guide. I installed my trinket using method 1 with 4 wires, but when I turn on my switch I don't get a green light, only blinking red and then solid red. When I connect the switch to a pc, I'm able to get into trinketboot and then the light is green. I'm trying to use the sx loader os from your files. Also, do you need to get into RCM mode before you load the sx os and set up autorcm? Thank you,

Last edited by efxonly123, Jul 13, 2018
  16. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hmmm... Sounds like the files are not copied to the drive correctly. Are you sure you are putting the device in bootloader mode before copying the files over? And you haven`t used the Gemma M0 files by mistake have you? They are on the root of the TRINKETBOOT drive, yes?

If so, corrupted download?

17. efxonly123

efxonly123 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2018
    United States
    The files show up in the trinketboot on the pc when I'm in bootloader mode. I'm using the SX loader files for method 1 and 2. Do I need to manually enter rcm first?

18. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Yes. If using method 1, you need autoRCM

19. efxonly123

efxonly123 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2018
    United States
    Is that what's preventing the payload from launching (green light on trinket)? Thank you

20. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Yes. :)

21. efxonly123

efxonly123 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2018
    United States
    Ok, hopefully last one....I stripped a screw trying to remove the joycon rail to reach point 10 for the rcm, is there another method to get into rcm mode without a jig and without the alternative point near the joycon cable? Sorry if I'm being confusing. I'm guessing that I have to manually get into rcm mode before I can enable autorcm right?

Edit: Ok, I get how to install autorcm. Thank you.

Last edited by efxonly123, Jul 13, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice