'Ghost Recon Wildlands'-'Splinter Cell' Crossover Teased

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Prans
    OP

Prans Geek, gamer, human

pip Reporter
    Apr 22, 2012
    There itself.
    splinter cell - ghost recon.JPG

Kept you waiting, huh? (wait... wrong series?!) It's been a while since we've seen Sam Fisher in action but the wait might be soon over, albeit not in a Splinter Cell title.

As part of its second year of post-launch content, Ghost Recon Wildlands is getting a bunch of free updates both for its campaign and its Ghost War PvP mode. Titled "Special Operations", four major updates will be rolling out for owners of the game, with each themed update adding new missions, items, rewards, and community-requested features.

"Special Operations I" is set to launch on April 10, adding a campaign mission and challenge with exclusive rewards. It will also introduce a new PvP game mode, Sabotage, with five exclusive maps as well as a new class and perks. Finally, it will add the ability to customize your AI teammates in the campaign with clothing you've unlocked for your own character.

In a teaser trailer released today for a special operations mission named "The Call", Sam Fisher seems to be making a cameo in Ghost Recon Wildlands. And Michael Ironside is reprising the voice acting of the iconic character!

Ubisoft promises a full briefing on Monday April 9. We will share more details as they are revealed then.

Are you excited about this crossover or would you rather see a new Splinter Cell game?

Soulsilve2010 and T-hug like this.
  2. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Wildlands™

Prans likes this.
  3. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    and im here waiting for a new splinter cell ubisoft cmon, i even bough a 360 just to play conviction.

i got
    splinter cell xbox,ps2,ps3(hd trilogy)
    pandora tomorow xbox,ps2,ps3(hd trilogy)
    chaos theory xbox,ps2,ps3(hd trilogy)
    splinter cell essentials psp
    double agent ps2,xbox,ps3
    convicton xbox360
    blacklist ps3

RedoLane, Jonna and Prans like this.
  4. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    Can Sam Fisher save the Wildlands?

Tune in.

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Plot overview of this game says July 2019, maybe later if this is set some time after the initial title.

According to sources then 1957 is the year one Mr Fisher was born.

Are there many top tier 62 year old operatives?

Jonna likes this.
  6. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

May 15, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    How weird that they have Michael Ironside to voice this, but didn't get him to for Blacklist.

I still want a new Splinter Cell game, but maybe this is just a nice tide over and maybe we'll see something at E3?

Wishful thinking.

7. Fusion

Fusion On/Off GBA-Temp'er

Nov 7, 2002
    I think they got Michael Ironside back as the backlash they got for dropping him from the previous game being a high reason some people blacklisted (pun intended lol) the previous resulting in poor sales.
    Maybe to test the waters to get him eased back into a full fledged Splinter Cell game again. Choose your poison.

Jonna likes this.
  8. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    I don't like this ghost recon... At the beginning it was kinda a simulation on the first games and now its one of the most arcade booring games out there...

Big map nothing to do unless doing the same small things for hundreds of hours please you...

Hope they make a new Splinter Cell instead and I hope it doesn't get more arcade than the last...

9. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    The original Splinter Cell is back and that means a new Splinter Cell game is coming with it. SC without Ironside memorable voice just isn't the same which means Blacklist could have been really good but tanked hard due to the lack of Mr. Michael Ironside's VA.

10. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    tbh i really didnt like metal gear openworld stuff, i hope next splinter cell isnt open world, i want my levels really, sure make alot of diferent ways to go through the levels, but no open world shit.

11. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    I also prefer Splinter Cell not being open world since the game has always been immersive and most go to open world but usually physics have a big dropped, it's rushed and usually you spend hundreds of hours doing the same stupid unimportant stuff. Ghost recon is like that always putting a tracker on barrels and other stupid crap all over the place...

The physics of vehicles suck too...

12. TheMrIron2

TheMrIron2 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2017
    Ireland
    It's so good to see Ironside return to the role of Splinter Cell again! Though that being said, I'm really skeptical about Fisher's appearance in an open world non-linear game. Like MGSV, it could be wildly hit and miss depending on how it's executed.

13. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    well for a single mission its not much of a return he?

splinter cell is always about light and shadow sources and hacking, corridors, small streets and such so we have limited movement and places to hide, wich is very hard on open world.

14. TheMrIron2

TheMrIron2 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2017
    Ireland
    Yeah, I agree - but this gives us hope that with the rumors of a Splinter Cell game in development, Ironside will return to voice him in the next game. Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon is a bad mix, though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice