h-encore hack for PlayStation Vita 3.65 - 3.68 released by TheFloW

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Chary, Jul 1, 2018.

Front-page
    DhAu5gMX4AEX6-c.jpg
    PlayStation Vita owners have been waiting with bated breath for Vita scene hacker TheFloW to release his latest exploit: h-encore. This marks the second ever major exploit for the Vita, following the 3.60 Henkaku hack. For the first time, OFW 3.65, 3.67, and 3.68 can be modified to run backups, run homebrew, and more. Adrenaline, which lets users exploit the PSP side of the Vita, has also been updated as of two days ago, to support the latest firmwares.

To use h-encore, you're going to need a PS Vita on firmware 3.65 or above, be linked (though not activated) to a PSN account, and if you're using a OLED Vita, you'll also need a memory card.

Enso can also be installed, but only for those who are on 3.65--there's no current support for Enso on higher firmware. TheFloW's instructions note that this installation is far more complex than previous Henkaku releases, and will require more work to ensure that it works correctly.

:download: GitHub
    :arrow: TheFloW's Twitter
    :!: For those on 3.60

Discussion (235 replies)
  1. Jokey_Carrot

Jokey_Carrot Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2017
    United Kingdom
    so where do i paste and run

pkg2zip -x PATH_OF_PKG

2. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    Gonna wait for Easy Installer.

3. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    It might be worth waiting for an easier guide as that is a pretty basic instruction. For reference, put the demo pkg in the same folder as pkg2zip.exe and open a command prompt there and run the command replacing PATH_OF_PKG with the name of the demo pkg.

4. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa it still requires a memory card
    Guess I'm sitting this one out

5. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa Legendary Shinobi

Oct 11, 2015
    Germany
    Hamburg
    how the hell do i extract a pkg

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

nevermind found it out

6. TheWolfLord

TheWolfLord Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2017
    United States
    Do you need to be on current firmware to be linked through a psn account? That is to say, would one need to already have a psn account setup in order to take advantage of this once Sony releases 3.69 extra stability version?

7. n00b2015

n00b2015 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2015
    Slovenia
    where do you have to enter this command: I know cmd but where

psvimg-create -n X -K YOUR_KEY X PCSG90096/app

8. mastermx

mastermx Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2007
    Use CMD

9. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    Is internet connection required for our psvita to install HENKAKU or vitashell? is there any offline method to install them?

Last edited by leon315, Jul 1, 2018
  10. Sora Takihawa

Oct 11, 2015
    Germany
    Hamburg
    fck win 10 i dont have cmd in folder options anymore only stupid powershell but that dont work

retrofan_k likes this.
  11. ElyosOfTheAbyss

ElyosOfTheAbyss GBAtemp Addict

Aug 20, 2015
    Getting an error code "C2-12858-4" when trying to copy the files using QCMA.
    I've googled it and the only answers I could find were to refresh the database which I have done.

12. n00b2015

n00b2015 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2015
    Slovenia
    get pkg2zip.exe and drag it into cmd then space and drag demo into cmd and press enter

13. Flirkyn

Flirkyn GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2014
    France
    Mmmh does it work if we have a banned psn (but already on the vita)
    Either way that's great :D

14. Sora Takihawa

Oct 11, 2015
    Germany
    Hamburg
    i need help i dont have cmd in folder settings anymore because stupid win 10 only have Powershell which dont work

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Change directory to the h-encore folder in terminal and use the key to encrypt all folders that are listed below using:

psvimg-create -n X -K YOUR_KEY X PCSG90096/X

.... i am stuck there because no acces to cmd

15. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    Hmm, time to update me Vita soon.
    Portable minecraft here I come again!

DayVeeBoi likes this.
  16. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    This frankly isn't the right topic for general computer problems, but you should be able to run cmd from inside powershell (not that it should have any significant differences, when manually typing in commands...) and you should be able to set your preference for command prompt or powershell somewhere in the start menu's settings

17. Fireminer

Fireminer Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2017
    Vietnam
    "Change directory to the h-encore folder in terminal and use the key to encrypt all folders that are listed below using svimg-create -n X -K YOUR_KEY X PCSG90096/X"

So does this mean I must fist open the h-encore folder in Windows Explorer, open CMD, and execute the above command? Or, because I put my h-ecore and psvimg folders in D:/, so must I first type "D:/[directory]/psvimg-create.exe/
    psvimg-create -n X -K YOUR_KEY X PCSG90096/X" then?

(Sorry for the stupid question. I have just bought my Vita two days ago.)

Last edited by Fireminer, Jul 1, 2018
  18. TehCupcakes

TehCupcakes GBAtemp Regular

Apr 5, 2013
    United States
    Command prompt still exists on Windows 10, it just isn't in the context menu. Hit win+r and type cmd then hit ok. Or you can just search for command prompt and open it.

Once you're in command prompt, use the cd command to change to the appropriate folder. Should look something like this:

cd "C:/Users/YourUser/Desktop/h-encore/"

Obviously put in the actual path to wherever you put the stuff. You need the quotes around the path if there are any spaces in it. Once you have changed directory, just enter the command as specified in the tutorial.

P.S. Pretty sure powershell would work fine as well. You just have to type ./ before it (so "./psvimg-create -n X -K YOUR_KEY X PCSG90096/X"). In fact, if you tried to enter the command in powershell it would even tell you to add the ./

Last edited by TehCupcakes, Jul 1, 2018
    Sora Takihawa likes this.
  19. ceelo

ceelo GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    Dude, just press start, and type cmd. The command prompt will be the first option....

ry755 and brunormalmeida like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice