I fully redesigned the RCM Jig!

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by The_Baron, May 9, 2018.

1. The_Baron
    OP

The_Baron Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2018
    United States
    Hello, members of gbetemp! I haven't traditionally been the biggest fan of the jigs that are available to make at home or order pre-made, due to the fact that they either require a ton of unnecessary effort(USB Jig) or simply take no care in being gentle with your Joy-Con connector(paperclip jig). I took it upon myself to design something new that utilized the best aspects of both of these designs and I am happy to share that new design with you all. If you have a 3d printer, you can get the file to make it yourself here! All you need is a bit of some 32 AWG wire and a drop of superglue if you want it to last for a while. It's fairly simple to bend the wire downwards and clip it flush on the bottom, so that you may bend the pins slightly back up to emulate the natural spring tension the real controller uses to interface with the device :)

If you have any questions on the design, please feel free to ask! Also, if you would like a copy of the Solidworks part file, just let me know!

Cheers,

Baron

charlieb, lordelan, nastys and 14 others like this.
  2. Akuseru06

Akuseru06 Developer

Jan 8, 2018
    Romania
    Thanks

The_Baron likes this.
  3. PatrickStarSb

PatrickStarSb Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2018
    United States
    Thank you!

4. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    FTFY

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good work; keep innovating!

5. Shnardy

Shnardy Newbie

Newcomer
    May 9, 2018
    United States
    Looks really good, but I don’t have a 3d printer. Can I order one off of you by any chance?
    Edit: nvm I saw your signature, I’ll give that a try :P

Last edited by Shnardy, May 9, 2018
    CallmeBerto, The_Baron and x65943 like this.
  6. CymraegAce

CymraegAce Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Wales, UK
    Thanks for uploading the design files, it's appreciated. :):switch:

ShonenJump likes this.
  7. callmebob

callmebob The Grandpa of Awe!

Jan 24, 2007
    Germany
    Bitburger Brewery (a lot)
    I´ll take 1, thanks! :bow:

The_Baron likes this.
  8. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Glow in the dark... interesting.
    I really see some nice niche market if people keep making special editions in some way.

I already got 3 jigs, but I would get another one if someone came up with a greenish glowing in the dark version, shaped like the Zohar/Conduit, you know, just like Pyra's core crystal :hint: :hint:

ShonenJump and chippy like this.
  9. jcrorxp

jcrorxp Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2018
    China
    That's GOOD, I am designing an PBC with 1 mm thick,and there is an SW to turn ON and OFF, maybe this is the cheaper idea.

10. GyTe

GyTe Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2018
    Italy
    Thanks! At the moment I was planning to make the paperclip bend but due to the fact I've a 3D printer I'll try that one...

11. TheMCNerd2017

TheMCNerd2017 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2017
    United States
    So the jigs we can purchase on your website do not include the metal part like shown in the image?

12. seeyew_soon

seeyew_soon Member

Newcomer
    May 9, 2018
    United States
    You again! Got my glow-in-the-dark jig yesterday, I've been reading up on the current state of the scene to pick my first test for the jig. Good stuff, ty for doing what you do.

The_Baron and H1B1Esquire like this.
  13. nikeymikey

nikeymikey This is now a Spiderman thread.........

Nov 19, 2008
    I just bought one....... Ship that sucker over to England, Ill be waiting :)

14. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    looks good

15. morrison22

morrison22 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 26, 2005
    United States
    Looks interesting. I am in the market to buy a jig to have handy for when I am ready to use it (when CFW comes out). Are there other revisions of the jig in the works or is the product shown the only and final product?

16. CymraegAce

CymraegAce Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Wales, UK
    The design schematics work well, just ensure to print it at 0.1mm thickness.. :)

17. The_Baron
    OP

The_Baron Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2018
    United States
    They will have the metal part, when I sell them I make sure to fully assemble and test every single one :)

I'll do it as soon as it's done :)

I don't have any other revisions in mind, this looks like it's exactly what I was trying for!

morrison22 and H1B1Esquire like this.
  18. ChaoticCinnabon

ChaoticCinnabon GBAtemp Regular

Oct 2, 2015
    Canada
    ???
    Please do that, i ended up making it thicker and i had to use a fu#kin nail file to slim it down,a

And good job OP this is a really good jig to be honest.

CymraegAce likes this.
  19. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    I was thinking of a faux-troller con--like a mini joycon. Others include: a middle finger (the finger/nail would be the metal and the rest of the jig would be the hand/knuckle), a tempy logo (with permission, of course), a little pirate ship (skull and crossbones optional), a stick-figure broseph, a "Pikachu" head (ears are prongs), a banana, a cat/dog (or just cat to counter the joygrip looking like a dog), a hotdog/hamburger/french fries....I don't know.

20. Delerious

Delerious Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2018
    United States
    California
    Well done! I personally fold-rolled a piece of paper and put it in the joy-con slot to support a bent safety pin for mine. Too bad I don't have a 3D printer, otherwise I would have used this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice