If you could live or go on a vacation anywhere in the world where would you go?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Zyvyn, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Zyvyn
    OP

Zyvyn GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    My choice seems kinda random that being Hakonegasaki Japan a small town northeast of Tokyo.

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    The least expensive place on earth. :ninja:

3. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    May I ask why? Also unsure if your japanese but i've always heard once you leave tokyo people are very racist.

McWhiters9511 likes this.
  4. Zyvyn
    OP

Zyvyn GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    I Have not been to Japan since I was young but from my experience and what I've heard from others it's quite nice there and of all places, Hagonegasaki just seems like a nice little town that I would even live in which wouldn't be that hard seeing I do speak a small amount of japanese.

Ericthegreat likes this.
  5. Trappie

Trappie GBAtemp Regular

May 20, 2018
    Netherlands
    The Maldives, went there last year in january (2017) and loved it! Costs like 15.000 usd for a proper resort, if I ever win the lottery I move there permanently. Dolphins, Sharks, Turtles... pfft!

6. WilliG

WilliG Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Paris, France. Tha't my fav city. Last year I've already been there and it was probably best trip I ever had. My friends advised me to attend one local massage parlour here http://sweettouch.fr/ in Paris and tried tantra massage. It was awesome, I still remember that pretty masseuse. Want to visit that place again.

Last edited by WilliG, Jun 25, 2018
  7. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Not true I lived in various places in Japan when I was younger and was never once racially abused and never once heard any racist comment made about anyone.

Ericthegreat likes this.
  8. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    Been to a lot of places in Europe and can't decide which is the best.
    Tho I'm inclined to say Austria cus mountains.

9. VinsCool

VinsCool Neges Singula

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Far far away from my life, and start from zero.

10. Chary

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Senior Editor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    For vacation, southern California is my perfect place to visit. Not to live, but to visit.

I've always wanted to see Japan, though. I want to learn the language before I'd attempt to go though, and it's something I want to do years from now, but it is a place I've wanted to visit since I was a kid.

One day, I'd like to see Sweden, because my family is from there, and I'd love to see Europe, and what better excuse than to just have fun visiting where my bloodline hails from?

Outside of that, Canada as well, though I already intend to go there before the year is up.

If I had to choose a place to live, it would be Oregon. Lovely looking state, has majors cities but isn't really polluted and over crowded yet, and the Pacific Northwest just had a feeling to it that makes me feel at home. I would detest the constant rain, however.

11. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    Tokyo is somewhere I definitely want to visit, but I want to visit a lot of places, that's just at the top of the list as it seems the most unique :D

Mnecraft368 likes this.
  12. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Tom BombaDadlo

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Dunno if I could pick just one TBH, there are a lot of places that I would love to visit, and live.

Apenzell, Switzerland is quite beautiful, it's one of the places on my "visit at some point in time" list. Switzerland in general I think would be a nice place to just kinda roam for a few weeks.

New Zealand as well, just in general. One of our "dream" honeymoon spots for my fiancee and I is Hobbiton, New Zealand, as well as just hiking around the mountains and fjords and such.

And then of course I'd love to see Japan, both the big cities and the countryside.

China as well, though I'd rather stick to the countryside here rather than the cities.

And a lot more, of course. I'd love to go to a lot of the national parks and such in the US, maybe visit Hawaii and Alaska a few times.

13. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    :-(

I'd like an extended holiday in Iceland. Got to visit once for about 16 hours on a stopover. I found it a magical, mysterious place, and I'd like to explore it properly.

As for where to live, if it can't be Australia, I'd probably pick Canada. I LOVE snow, and I get hot easily but can withstand the cold very well, plus the culture is similar to here so it would be easy to get used to. Every Canadian I've ever met has been a lovely person. And in addition, it would be close to the U.S. so I could easily visit without having to live there. And I could still practice French, even if it is weird Canadian French :-p

Last edited by Quantumcat, Jun 26, 2018
    VinsCool and WeedZ like this.
  14. onibaku

onibaku Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2007
    I always wanted to go to a tropical rainforest so maybe Papua New Guinea or the Amazon, Vietnam, Laos or Cambodia would be cool to see too. Not sure if Im prepared to live there though. To live maybe Portugal, loved my time there, the people were amazing too.

15. RattletraPM

RattletraPM GBAtemp Fan

Jan 18, 2017
    Italy
    Spagonia
    Pyongyang.

Jokes aside, I'd like to visit Japan. I'm also very salty because I've always been fascinated by Japan as a whole since I was a little kid and I've also got relatives there, yet I've never been able to go there once in my entire life.

Mnecraft368 likes this.
  16. AkwaTheHacker

AkwaTheHacker Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2018
    France
    In a place where Internet is shitty (1Mbps...)
    Japan cuz this country is simply beautiful and fascinating.

Mnecraft368 likes this.
  17. dAVID_

dAVID_ Carpinter's Apprentice

Oct 23, 2016
    Mexico
    I'd go on a vacation with Kim Jong Un, Donald Trump, and Big Man Tyrone to a tropical island.

18. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Japan, because I like asian ding dongs.

It's an other word for special japanese rice, at least someone told me that. Only the cool people would knew, he said.

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N likes this.
  19. Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Addict

Aug 12, 2011
    United States
    Thailand or London or maybe Greece... Basically I would have to see what mood I was in at the time. lol

20. DrGreed

DrGreed Luigi from Luigi's Mansion

Sep 14, 2016
    United States
    I've always wanted to visit Jamaica. I love their accent and their sense of unity. I've even studied their slang. It's really neat.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice