Is it impossible to seedmine a Korean (new)3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Daniel72, May 13, 2018.

1. Daniel72
    OP

Daniel72 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2018
    Korea, South
    I read somewhere that Korean 3DS's are impossible to hack through the seedmining method. I'm not sure, but it seems to be true since there is no information on which dsiware is compatible for the Korean Eshop anywhere. Can anyone make it clear for me?

2. SkyQueen

SkyQueen Arch3DS Developer || B0MBrHax

Apr 23, 2016
    Japan
    Seteguya-ku, Tokyo, Japan
    Why not just use ntrboot tho

3. Daniel72
    OP

Daniel72 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2018
    Korea, South
    I don't have a compatible flashcart so I can't really do it

4. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Eat your vegetables.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    For the Nintendo DSi generation, DSiWare only came in the regions of USA, (EUR/AUS), and JPN.

KOR, CHN, and TWN can't use seedminer and DSiWare based CFW installs because those three Asian countries/states/regions can't buy DSiWare on their eShop. The 3DS took whatever DSiWare library available from DSi and did not add any new ones.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger, May 13, 2018
  5. Daniel72
    OP

Daniel72 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2018
    Korea, South
    Actually, there are some DSiWares but most of them are Korean-made. Will those games work maybe?

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  6. TurdPooCharger

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Huh, this is new information to me. I went to check on
    http://niwanetwork.org/wiki/List_of_DSiWare

and you are indeed correct. Let's give a shot by passing this information off to the seedminer folks.

7. Daniel72
    OP

Daniel72 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2018
    Korea, South
    A game named Jazzy Billiards works in North America and Europe, so it should work on Korean 3DSes as well. I'll try it out(tomorrow because I don't have enough money)

8. TurdPooCharger

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Make sure you get in contact with the Seedminer devs like @zoogie. In case there's nothing technically holding back korean 3DS from seedmining, they'll probably like to ask for your help in verifying Korean 3DS can do it.

9. Hunter

Hunter i'ma stuffup the board

Former Staff
    Nov 20, 2003
    Australia
    Melbourne, Australia
    the exploits are region restricted, unless you know for sure that a game in KOR is the exact same as the EUR or US version of the game, it most likely wont work, since DSiWare is region restricted, so your DSiWare purchase could be for nothing at all
    the exploits have NOTHING to do with seedminer itself, it's a general DSiWare exploit,
    the seedminer exploit just allows you to modify the game, the exploits in the games are a different layer,

so, long story short, you will most likely waste money purchasing your DSiWare to find out it wont work, and you are best off buying a ntrboot compatible flashcard

10. TurdPooCharger

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    We haven't established if the korean version of Jazzy Billiards does or does not have this exploit. I wouldn't be dismissive that is within possibility of using seedminer for Korean 3DS until proven otherwise.

We're still missing a hacked korean 3DS user with power graphics card willing to seedmine on his side.

If @Daniel72 is willing to give it a shot with the support of the seedminer devs, I'd say do it for science!

SG6000 likes this.
  11. Hunter

Former Staff
    Nov 20, 2003
    Australia
    Melbourne, Australia
    I do not need to keep repeating myself......

SEEDMINER IS JUST A FUCKING KEY TO UNLOCK THE DSIWARE

it does not have anything to do with the DSiWARE exploits except for opening it.
    like a key opening a door

the DSiWare exploits will need to be test on a unhacked 3ds

SEEDMINER WILL WORK ON ALL 3DS's THE EXPLOITS FOR DSIWARE WONT

12. Daniel72
    OP

Daniel72 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2018
    Korea, South
    I'm still going to try it out because I'm not going to buy a flashcard(very hard to find it in Korea, and not going to pay some extra shipping fee for a $20 flashcard)
    If it works, good for me. If it doesn't, I'll just keep my 3DS unhacked. Simple as that.

13. Hunter

Former Staff
    Nov 20, 2003
    Australia
    Melbourne, Australia
    it's not a matter if seedminer will work or not, that will work.

it's the game that you purchase on the store is the problem, when you purcahse the game
    export it from the data manager, then look on the SD card in the SD:/Nintendo 3DS/ID0/ID1/Nintendo DSiWare folder
    for the bin file, Jazzy Billiards is ... 4b394256.bin is EU - 4b394245.bin is Us
    if it's neither, then it wont work

14. Hunter

Former Staff
    Nov 20, 2003
    Australia
    Melbourne, Australia
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dow...NDSL-NDS-Without-Memory-Card/32871338665.html
    around $6 and compatible but it has a time bomb

15. redunka

redunka GBAtemp Fan

Nov 26, 2014
    Russia
    I'd like to clear up for OP why exactly seedminer method, or rather DSiWare injection, won't work with Korean consoles.

The list of "compatible" DSiWares (i.e. the one you saw Jazzy Billiards on) is NOT the list of explotable DSiWares.
    It is in fact the list of DSiWares you can inject an exploitable DSiWare into.
    And the region of a DSiWare you're injecting must match the region of the console.

Actual exploitable DSiWares are:

- Sudoku
    - Legends of Exidia
    - Fieldrunners
    - Zelda 4 Swords,
    - Guitar Rock Tour
    - Flipnote (not on 3DS).

None of these have been released in Korea, which means that OP have no other choice than to use a flashcart with ntrboot.

16. Daniel72
    OP

Daniel72 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2018
    Korea, South
    Oh, so that's how it works. I guess I'm not hacking my 3ds. Thanks for your information though!

17. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware

Nov 30, 2014
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    IF there was a free hackable 3ds mode game on the Korean eshop (secondary), then there is likely a workaround for launching an out of region dsiware on a korean system with NS_rebootToTitle. I don't have a Korean 3ds so I can't test this.

Also,
    Are there any of these games on the Korean dsiware ehop? I might be able to port an exploit savegame to one of these titles, but I would need to find a binary to test with (testing works on any region cfw system at least).

Last edited by zoogie, May 13, 2018
  18. TurdPooCharger

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    @zoogie, I downloaded the USA and EUR versions of Sudoku (by EA, DsiWare) from that other shop. I know you can't used games not personally acquired from Nintendo eShop for seedmining.

- My USA version had a profile name of Poop.
    - Similarly, my EUR version had one named as Turd.
    - I used GodMode9 to swap their public.sav files between one another's data folder.
    - Both games recognized the other region's save file.

Does Sudoku explicitly needs to be available from a region that's not USA or EUR in order for it to work in seedminer? Are there differences between save files between regions?

Edit - I forgot to ask, are the exploit part of the game's .app or something else that's not the .sav?

Edit 2 - Nvm. @redunka stated you need an exploiteable regional version of those of games, not so much the save files.

19. redunka

redunka GBAtemp Fan

Nov 26, 2014
    Russia
    Well, when I said "none have been released" I meant that Korean versions of those games don't exist at all (not even Zelda), so there's nowhere to port those exploits, I guess. ¯\(ツ)/¯

If you're curious, here's a list of all DSiWare titles that are currently available on the eShop.
    List
    I'm not sure if there are any exploitable Korean 3DS titles, aside from Ocarina of Time…
    And the Readme from oot3dhax repo states that "KOR and CHNTWN support is currently broken somehow".
    Dunno what that means, though.

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  20. TurdPooCharger

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Yo, how you get this list? I looked on Nintendo.co.kr and their eShop list is missing DSiWare info. Did you use KOR region changing to access korea eShop?

* Their front page hid the DS section.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice