Is it possible to copy the area seem from Windows 7 to another version of windows?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Dominator211, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Dominator211
    OP

Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    Upstate, New York
    Unfortunately I have to be stuck with windows 10 and I hate the look of the UI And I love the look of the Areo theme. I remember vaguely making a thread about windows themes once before and somebody said you can just copy the themes from one folder to the other. Is that even possible and isn’t that simple to get Areo
    on windows 10

2. Jacklack3

Jacklack3 ( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here

Oct 6, 2015
    Canada
    In your basement Dick Size: 5 meters.
    oof thats kinda risky parts, i tried to get uxstyle but it's buggy and i don't recommend it. the best for me was i got classic shell, made the taskbar transparent and on my desktop wallpaper put the windows 7 aero taskbar on the bottom, i also made my windows icon the windows 7.

3. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    Probably the best thing to do is run windows 7 ultimate in a virtual machine and use that for most except gaming. virtual machines can be full screened and give the illusion that they are the host os

4. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Unnecessary. OP just needs to patch his UX DLLs and find an Aero theme. DeviantArt is a cornucopia for these resources.

@OP, it's not as simple as copying the Aero theme from a 7 installation. It won't be compatible.
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Aero-7-Themes-for-Win10-Final-523979941

There's an example. You don't have to stick to the uniform look of Aero, though. There's a huge selection of styles.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice