Suggestion Is it worth updating the Console to play fortnite?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Ghost92, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Dvdxploitr

Dvdxploitr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 24, 2008
    United States
    I'm on 5.1.0 and downloaded Fortnite...it's...okay...it is a little glitchy though. Like if you want to select "Solo" instead of playing in squads, it LAGS like crazy...I mean, seriously I had to hit the home button and go back in the game (didn't have to reset the game, just had to click the icon again) a few times to select Solo...after a couple of those rounds, I wanted to go back to Squad, same situation. It's kind of fun, but if you have any other way of playing Fortnite, then don't bother.

Also, voice chat won't be available until Thursday I think...you can use a standard headset, so that's a plus! Don't have to use that crappy Nintendo Online app

2. Nisem0n0

Nisem0n0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2017
    United States
    Just update if you want to play newer games, it's simple enough. My one personally has been on 3.0.1 for ages and might I say is probably the worst firmware in terms of hax support at the moment, but that's fine for me since I only play Zelda and Mario and there's no must have homebrew yet. I'd say just update if you're remotely interested in any new games

3. prezmater

prezmater Newbie

Newcomer
    May 19, 2018
    United States
    I’m new around here and even I think there has to be a better place to ask a question like this. This kind of stuff creates clutter making it hard to find the interesting topics actually related to the thread.

jakkal, PuNKeMoN, crazy_p and 2 others like this.
  4. Red1Reaper

Red1Reaper Asperger Dude

Feb 5, 2017
    Spain
    Valencia, Rafelbuñol
    yeah actually there exist a section called ASK!, and threads like "SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here" to ask this type of questions, or at least there is the question tag and this have the suggestion tag.

prezmater likes this.
  5. Username4321

Username4321 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2018
    Syria
    Good suggestion, OP. I'll have to think deeply about that.

Ric-Are-Those likes this.
  6. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    I'd say no since you can play it on your pc right now.

7. tomhanks69

tomhanks69 GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    tomhanks69 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 31, 2017
    United States
    'Murica
    hella worth it

8. Ghost92
    OP

Ghost92 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2017
    Colombia
    Your brain collapses on its own, congratulations

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You gave me an idea Maybe sell the Nintendo Switch with Firmware 4.1 and make a probably new one. The same I already have backup of all the data and I can restore the games in another console, I think. :)

I have not looked at the requirements you have in PC. But I'm sure my switch has more power than my PC hehe. In addition, it is too comfortable to play in Switch !. For the moment I will see the graphical comparisons and other things to see if I decide to update

Can you confirm if you can play with just one Joy-Con?

Well, turn around and do not comment. Really, those who create confusion are you with their derogatory comments. Since you saw the title and the "suggestion" you already had to realize what kind of thread it is. You just want to be noticed with your blowjobs.

9. Adrian137

Adrian137 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2018
    Japan
    Can anyone explain to me the difference between sysnand and emunand?

I wanted to update my switch to the latest version but would also want atmosphere when it is out.

So basically the sysnand will have the latest version at all times and have access to online capability and the emunand will also have the latest version, but will be kept offline and play emulators?

Also, since nintendo will have online shop quite soon which requires to have a monthly subscription, will we need to pay for the monthly just to play free online multiplayer?

10. Ghost92
    OP

Ghost92 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2017
    Colombia
    Suggestion is to ask for advice or suggest me what to do. I did not see the need to place it as a question. And about the question threads, this is not about Homebrew or exploit.

Mmmm is true. With that online payment I wonder if Fortnite would stop working for free. :(

11. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    I'm sure that's the main reason they put Fortnite on the switch to hook people into their online service and then they'll pay to stay there.

PuNKeMoN likes this.
  12. Ric-Are-Those

Ric-Are-Those Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2018
    United States
    I'm honestly impressed by the arrogance in the op's replies.

prezmater likes this.
  13. PuNKeMoN

PuNKeMoN GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2018
    United States
    The darkest depths of my mind
    Totally agree
    Also it is a way to get would-be pirates on a OFW that has much more "stability" by capitalising on their impatience and interest in free games.

Last edited by PuNKeMoN, Jun 13, 2018
  14. aerios169

aerios169 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 30, 2012
    Mexico
    I just bought xcutter hack so si the best option if you want to hack and play

15. Red1Reaper

Red1Reaper Asperger Dude

Feb 5, 2017
    Spain
    Valencia, Rafelbuñol
    Suggestion tag is not for asking suggestions, suggestion tag is for making you a suggestion, this should be tagged as a question, as you a re asking for suggestions, is a question.

PuNKeMoN and prezmater like this.
  16. prezmater

prezmater Newbie

Newcomer
    May 19, 2018
    United States
    I don’t think commenting on your misplaced post was derogatory or creating confusion. But thanks for the salt.

Red1Reaper likes this.
  17. kingfrost

kingfrost GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2018
    United States
    I think you should Smash it so you can play Smash early.

Red1Reaper likes this.
  18. LightOffPro

LightOffPro ユキオクン

Jun 10, 2016
    Portugal
    In Papa Rei's closet.
    And who the fuck cares about his switch? See my point?

19. Dmafra

Dmafra GBAtemp Regular

Aug 26, 2015
    Brazil
    Do you really think that atmosphere will be released in 2 days?
    I hope you are right but I do not think so!

Last edited by Dmafra, Jun 13, 2018
  20. 2Siralv

2Siralv Member

Newcomer
    May 12, 2018
    Canada

They are right tho you are basicly asking them to make a choice for you do what you wanna do if you wanna watch lirn you gonna make a thread or ask your frienda or family or whom ever if you should jerk off and if you should use right left hsnd or legs who knows thays bassicly what ur asking who cares if they use thier ass for an example if you dont want a stupid exapmle dont post a stupid thread or question simple period.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice