Question Is there a way of checking custom error codes in error logs?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by ndsmaxatope, Jul 12, 2018.

1. ndsmaxatope
    OP

ndsmaxatope Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2011
    Hi guys, I have my switch at 4.1.0 and I tried to start the doom port homebrew but it didn't started so I got into home menu and turned my switch off. So here is the deal, is there a way to check if my logs have custom errors that could potentially ban my switch? I want to update without burning fuses and access eShop but I don't know if I have any custom error codes in my log that should be deleted.
    I know that you can see the error log at settings> Help> Error History, but does it display custom error codes?

Thanks for your attention.

2. CoolerSugar955

CoolerSugar955 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2018
    United States
    Just clear your logs in hekate then your not taking a chance

3. klock

klock Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2010
    United States
    Actually that's hugely false. At the moment we don't know the extent of telemetry, and NIntendo will see that you have a rather large gap in your logs. Stay off of the internet if you don't want to be banned.

NeoSlyde likes this.
  4. NeoSlyde

NeoSlyde "Insert Custom Title Here"

Mar 6, 2015
    Morocco
    Morocco
    this ^

5. CoolerSugar955

CoolerSugar955 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2018
    United States
    Im not saying that he wont get banned, im just saying that if he is going online, which he said he was, the only way to possibly prevent it would be clearing logs. He was asking if he could check error reports and see which ones were bad, so I told him that if he is worrying about error logs to just clear them.

6. ndsmaxatope
    OP

ndsmaxatope Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2011
    Well, I live in EU and I turned off that telemetry thing in Nintendo's web. I'm aware that they could get info from other sources but logs seem to be the most important thing. As last resort I will clear logs before going online.

So threre is no way of checking logs info, right?

7. 210modz

210modz GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2017
    United States
    system settings>Support/Health & Safety. scroll down to the bottom and click on error history.

8. ndsmaxatope
    OP

ndsmaxatope Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2011
    But do custom error codes appear there?

9. frogboy

frogboy lacking both style and grace

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    no, restoring a pre-crash NAND dump is another way to prevent it, and it's much safer than clearing logs

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice