naehrwert is teasing emuNAND before Atmosphere NX

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Klodeckel1990, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Centergaming

Centergaming GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2016
    United States
    Answered my question, thanks :)

2. Fistofmana

Fistofmana Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2017
    United States
    You wouldn't need a low firmware to boot emunand, everything is booted from exploit. To reiterate what Red1Reaper was saying,

1. Create emunand based off of sysnand.
    2. NEVER connect emunand to internet, period. You will have to update it via games or other means.
    3. This leaves you free to update and use your sysnand for any legit purposes while booting into emunand for homebrew, etc while minimizing ban risk.

There are a lot of unknowns in what they are capable of detecting, but I'd say it would probably be safer to have separate SD cards as well, they may start trying to detect emunand partitions.

3. Red1Reaper

Red1Reaper Asperger Dude

Feb 5, 2017
    Spain
    Valencia, Rafelbuñol
    There do you have it, rebug is doing a modchip:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

4. Centergaming

Apr 17, 2016
    United States
  5. Red1Reaper

Red1Reaper Asperger Dude

Feb 5, 2017
    Spain
    Valencia, Rafelbuñol
    Yeah, but i was giving you the source of the info.

6. Centergaming

Apr 17, 2016
    United States
    Oh oh, sorry, misunderstanding. Thanks :)

Red1Reaper likes this.
  7. Bedel

Bedel The key of the blade

Oct 28, 2015
    Litle question I've been asking myself about this topic: when you update your Switch, your e-fuses gets burnt (some of them, depending on the update). Does this also happend if we update the emunand? If this is the case, you'd be unable to ever start your sysnand again (and you can understand this vice-versa). I guess this part of the boot could be ignored, but idk at what cost, or if it'll be easy.

8. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    The emuNAND applications are designed so updating an emuNAND won't burn efuses.

peteruk and Centergaming like this.
  9. DKB

DKB what

GBAtemp Patron
    DKB is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 29, 2015
    United States
    New York City, Manhattan
    If that was the case, emunand would be completely worthless. lol

10. Red1Reaper

Red1Reaper Asperger Dude

Feb 5, 2017
    Spain
    Valencia, Rafelbuñol
    Is possible to bypass the fuse burning and checking even whit sysnand, on the reswitched discord some guy is devoloping a thing to update the sysnand whitour burning efuses, so off course a emunand would include a mechanism to do it, lol.

11. Bedel

Bedel The key of the blade

Oct 28, 2015
    Kk this makes sense.

12. tivu100

tivu100 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    There may be a chance you can run 2 or more EMUNAND, or simply 2 SD card 2 different EMUNANDs

Edit: Me slowpoke. *Silently walking out*

Last edited by tivu100, Jun 14, 2018
  13. DollyWhipDoll

DollyWhipDoll GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2018
    United States
    It's not.

I've been seeing this 'clean system' too much online and it needs to be banished. You have to hack your system to backup/clone/copy your NAND. So, it will never be "clean". And, definitely, not pristine. Lmfao. Too many unknowns of what they learned in the 3ds/WiiU days. They could be logging EVERYTHING you do/have done to your sysNAND, emuNAND offline or not. If N finds something and wants to ban, they will. Atmosphere is open source and they, more than likely, have a stack of TX dongles on the way. N's got their reverse engineers on it.

Also, many will be using emuNAND online. As it will allow for an OFW update on the CFW without having to update the Switch with whatever mumbo jumbo N keeps adding in their 'stability' contraptions.

I think the major banwave that's coming within the next few months is going to be to those that jump online with those 'free games' they downloaded and know nothing about headers. They'd better hope those games don't require an update which will have many of them online at the same time. I read the numbers are zeroed out, though, which will make N's findings easier.

14. Memoir

Memoir Just a Memory

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere, over there!
    As I've stated before, running emunand as the primary would make more sense...

15. tecfreak

tecfreak Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2018
    Germany
    It does only make sense if you still are on a low ofw which would allow you a tetherless coldboot into rcm. That would be the only benefit keeping your sysnand on a low fw state and use emunand to go online.

BUT, what if big N will be able to detect that the system is running on a emulated NAND?
    I mean the emunand is the one you want to keep up to date to be able to use the online services and without burning efuses.
    No burnt efuses means, that you have to somehow modify the emunand fw to be able to boot which results in an other potentially risk of getting banned.

So running an up to date ofw from emunand and with a efuse bypass is pretty risky in my opinion.

Doing it the other way, a clean sysnand with matching efuses and a hacky emunand with efuse check bypassed looks more safer to me if you can live without a tetherless boot.

16. Nincompoopdo

Nincompoopdo GBAtemp Regular

May 20, 2017
    United States
    I like emunand, they taste like Emu's egg.

17. souler92

souler92 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 5, 2017
    Netherlands
    i hope they implement a tjing in emunand, so you get wifi capabilities, but all nintendo services are blocked. so i can keep my emunand online for like homebrew and ftp and play singleplayer backups.

and sysnand for online like fortnite etc.

Tumoche likes this.
  18. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    If you are on a low FW specially below 3.02 a full coldboot software mod might come any day, if you update most likely you won't see the day of a self bootable hack from Nintendo Switch OFF power state.

So if anyone on a low FW update you will have to either solder a chip or enter RCM and send the payload every time the console is fully turned OFF.

Emunad is the way to stay low, have a updated emunand to play backups, recent games, emulators and whatever magic stuff you want to run and stay offline for a never ban status, I'm almost sure FW updates will come to be done offline without having ever to connect to Nintendo servers so you will never get banned.

If you really can't live without online, then either buy another Switch if you have the possibility or update sysnand use all original stuff, enjoy its paid online service and put the SD with emunand, send the payload and play backups and anything u want on the emunand without ever going online and profit of the best of 2 world's in one.

This is like 99% safer than TX OS sysnand hack that you will have to rely on a team to bypass all Nintendo checks and clean the logs, so it requires a lot of hacking to go stealthy online. Game hacking on PC teach a lot on bypassing stuff, hackers come up with all kinds of stuff but remember it's only stealthy until the day something is changed to detect something and it's a continues race between hackers (in this case TX) and anti cheat Devs (in this case Nintendo).

It's just better to use emunand CFW stay Offline, enjoy everything and it won't ever need any black hacking or security bypasses as you won't be banned if you never connect to Nintendo online services...

Last edited by guily6669, Jun 15, 2018
  19. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    i see new names and fresh level and they dont understand emunand. we'll most likely see them again in the ''HELP! DID I BRICK MY SWITCH'' threads with a lot of 'yes' as the answer

20. willhack

willhack Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    my guess: atmosphere is almost ready and he's helping debug?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice