nds-bootstrap loader: Run commercial NDS backups from an SD Card

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by shutterbug2000, Dec 24, 2016.

1. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 Dirty Weeb ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    C-137
    Gonna need a flashcart my friend. Most AP removal patches were done via firmware from R4 Wood or AKAIO etc

2. alexg1989

alexg1989 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    I noticed in the compatibility list that Dragon Ball Kai Ultimate Butouden works now, but every time I try to run it from NDS Menu++, it stops at the Nintendo logo, I tried the unpatched and english patched versions and they both do the same thing.

3. trainerstar3

trainerstar3 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2018
    Brazil
    Actually, the patch for Black Ops is on the AP patch collection, as a xdelta patch.

4. Purplstuph

Purplstuph GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2016
    Canada
    ah, now i have a lead.
    I'll try to hunt down that xdelta patcher and file.
    Does the same thing apply for Modern Warfare 3 or is it some other error?

Last edited by Purplstuph, Jul 6, 2018
  5. DodgyJudge

DodgyJudge Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2018
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Another question Robz8 , is it normal that cheat and pulgin patched roms boots but when starting a games it stay on white screen? I only tried my ssm64 roms patched with run mode and some cheat it worked before when i was using twloader just wondering if it is a normal compatibility issue ? Thanks.

6. alexg1989

Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    okay, the untouched version of the game runs fine and I can play it, but the untouched version of the game is japanese only. How can I get the fan translated version to play?

7. soniccomcisbr

soniccomcisbr GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2014
    Brazil
    Fortaleza, Brazil
    Question: For now, there is any need to use the NDS Menu++? The look of Twloader (with the game boxes) is better for me, and I was running games like Dragon Quest 9, Legend of Kage 2 and Avalon Code on it.

8. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    It's compatibility issue. They'll work again in the next version of nds-bootstrap.
    DSiMenu++ has a near identical recreation of the DSi Menu, has more features, such as setting a different language for your games, and it gets more updates.
    Box art display is also planned for DSiMenu++.

DodgyJudge likes this.
  9. gamemasteru03

gamemasteru03 Nintendo nerd

Sep 18, 2016
    United States
    Can I play wireless local multiplayer with my 3ds running this and my DSi xl running DSi menu ++?

10. FateForWindows

FateForWindows GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    DSiMenu++ and TWLoader both use nds-bootstrap, so it depends on the game but possibly.

gamemasteru03 likes this.
  11. Purplstuph

Nov 9, 2016
    Canada
    Found a working ap patch for BlOps in the download section, the patched rom works like a charm.
    As for MW3?
    I can't find it anywhere and the only link for it is dead afaik..

12. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    http://taraftartekstil.com/threads/repack-...ild-1215-includes-cmp-and-ap-database.477193/

This thread says the tool contains patches for various regions of that game if I'm not mistaken, but I have no experience using it, so I have no idea if it'll work for you or not.

13. Purplstuph

Nov 9, 2016
    Canada
    The thread said it added support to it.
    Ironically, the tool says there's no ap support for it (europe and us versions).

edit: yeah, there is support....for cheats...

Last edited by Purplstuph, Jul 7, 2018
  14. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    I stand corrected then. Sorry about that.

Purplstuph likes this.
  15. AkitoUF

AkitoUF GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Tried playing the translated rom of Jump Ultimate Stars but just got a white screen. I'd dare to say it's because it's patched or trimmed.
    Also, Blood of Bahamut translate has sound issues and glitches on the title screen, again, surely because it's modified.

16. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ Melodramatic fool

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I don't know if anyone's mentioned this or not, but Hotel Dusk (US version tested) plays at full speed, but suffers from massive amounts of graphical glitches. I have only tested to the first save point though to see if the game actually saves or not. It does actually save and load properly, so that's pretty cool.
    Basically game works, but graphical glitches are a bit much.

17. alexg1989

Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    How can I get the rom hacked english translation version of dragon ball kai Ultimate Butouden to work?

I haven't been able to get any version of the game to work, except for a version that I AP patched. That's literally the only one that worked, but I can't AP patch the rom translated version. And I can't apply the rom translation patch to the AP patched version.

This game is killer and one of the best dbz fighters, but I'd love to play it in english like I did on the DS Lite years back.

18. soniccomcisbr

soniccomcisbr GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2014
    Brazil
    Fortaleza, Brazil
    I tested Dragon Quest 5, the rom don't load (the compatibility says it works with an AP patch)
    Mario vs Donkey Kong 2 is working normally here (the list says it not works)

19. elenarguez

elenarguez Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2018
    Spain
    Art Academy works only in free painting, in lessons the load screen freezees and doesn't load and the spanish rom ¡cocina conmigo! ¿Qué preparamos hoy? (cooks with me! What do we prepare today?) works perfectly.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I happen the same with FF the 4 heroes of Light... I have the ap rom patched and wanted to apply the translation in spanish but I can't...

20. Roxie Mika

Roxie Mika Huh? Who, me?

Mar 14, 2015
    United States
    Chicago, IL
    I had a similar problem with Clubhouse Games/42 All Time Classics. The game works, loads, saves and plays just fine, except for the fact that the game renders one screen's content to both screens every other frame. So I'll have the card game from the bottom screen on both screens, and then the game stats and time from the top screen on both screens the next. It's disorienting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice