NES issue in Retroarch - Vita: Error C2-12828-1

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by machjas, Jul 11, 2018.

  1. machjas
    OP

    machjas Newbie

    Newcomer
    1
    May 25, 2010
    United States
    Good evening!

    Just modded my Vita last weekend (3.65, h-encore), and having an issue with Retroarch. I've set up snes, Genesis, master system, 32x, game gear, GB/C/A, TurboGrafx, and maybe one or two others, all work beautifully.

    Trying NES, however, I go to load a rom, it hangs for a second, then I get an error C2-12828-1 and crashes Retroarch. It does this with the FCEUmm and NEStopia UE cores. The QuickNES core just crashes the whole system with a GPU driver error and forces a reboot. This is the only console I'm having this trouble with, and also happens to be the one I care about most.

    I'm currently using RetroArch 7-10-18 nightly, I've tried the most recent stable release as well. I also tried reinstalling the app and deleting the ..\data\retroarch folder and starting fresh, same problem. Also using a fresh copy of my romset. I haven't had any luck elsewhere on Google since this C2-12828-1 error is pretty generic.

    Hoping someone can help me out with this, I'm not having any luck. Thanks in advance!
     
  2. Dave_Chad

    Dave_Chad GBAtemp Fan

    Member
    2
    Jun 29, 2016
    Not really helpful but I just tested on mine I'm running an older 1.7.1 release. Mario Bros on FCEUnes or whatever it's called works just fine.

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
     
    MUDD_BR likes this.
  3. machjas
    OP

    machjas Newbie

    Newcomer
    1
    May 25, 2010
    United States
    I might as well give it a shot, I'm seriously running out of ideas.

    I took a shot in the dark and did a Database Rebuild in Safe Mode, and no change.
     
    MUDD_BR likes this.
  4. machjas
    OP

    machjas Newbie

    Newcomer
    1
    May 25, 2010
    United States
    I was able to figure it out! I downgraded retroarch to 1.7.1, and replaced my romset, and it worked. I upgraded to one of the more recent nightly builds of retroarch to test and it still worked, so I'm guessing I just had a corrupt set. So relieved to have that sorted. Thanks for your suggestion, Dave! It put me on the right track.
     
  5. Dave_Chad

    Dave_Chad GBAtemp Fan

    Member
    2
    Jun 29, 2016
    I didn't do much but i'll take some credit ha ha. Glad you're sorted!
     
    MUDD_BR likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice