RELEASE Newest Hekate SDfiles.zip

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by tomGER, Jun 4, 2018.

1. stingray1059

stingray1059 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2009
    i got it fixed.. i didnt copy the atmosphere folder.. theres a file there that makes homebrew boot.. i just put my games there and i didnt include the atmosphere folder because i already have one.

2. Troy896

Troy896 Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2018
    United States
    I am currently experiencing the same problem, but i never used or had the ftp module on my switch. Restoring backups, installing the game as an .nsp both dont work for trying to get my save to work.

3. tomGER
    OP

tomGER GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2017
    Germany
    Yes, this will be fixed with the next release
    firmware?
    Also update to v5.2 - v5 is outdated
    There is a warning, the Switch is very picky when it comes to your SD and that can cause corruption when used with certain homebrew + sys-ftpd
    Yes - Create a backup if you're reading this

Well, installing .nsp doesn't have anything to do with it but what exactly is your problem when restoring some older backup?

CuriousTommy and Draxzelex like this.
  4. Troy896

Troy896 Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2018
    United States
    I learned it was the edizon script for Hyrule warriors that corrupted the save file for me.

5. tomGER
    OP

tomGER GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2017
    Germany
    Pass that along to @WerWolv

6. WerWolv

WerWolv Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2018
    Switzerland
    I've heard that from multiple people now. I'm going to remove it from the repository until it's fixed. I don't have Hyrule Warriors so I couldn't test it and the creator told me he did test it on multiple saves and didn't have any problems. Sorry about that then. I hope you've made a backup

7. CuriousTommy

CuriousTommy GBAtemp Fan

Jul 22, 2014
    United States
    Yikes! I am planning to code some homebrew (nothing serious) once the sys-ftpd bug is fixed. I am assuming that this effects homebrew that reads/writes to an sd card, right?

tomGER likes this.
  8. tomGER
    OP

tomGER GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2017
    Germany
    From what I have gathered it currently only affects SDFiles Updater, correct? @jakibaki

9. jakibaki

jakibaki GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2017
    Germany
    I can't say for certain, but that's the only way that I've ever experienced it, and nobody reported anything about other ways to trigger it.

I doubt that the SDFiles-updater is the only possible way to trigger this bug though.

CuriousTommy and tomGER like this.
  10. FINAL94

FINAL94 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2016
    Italy
    Atmosphere work on 4.1? End what I can do with it? What are the benefit to pass from LayeredFS to Atmosphere funzions?

Last edited by FINAL94, Jul 13, 2018 at 12:10 PM
  11. tomGER
    OP

tomGER GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2017
    Germany
    Atmosphere is full Atmosphere while LayeredFS is just a (more stable) part of Atmosphere

12. StevenMattera

StevenMattera Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2018
    United States
    Durham, NC
    I'm assuming this is an issue with sys-ftpd and not specifically with SDFilesUpdater. Pretty sure I'm handling files correctly in my code, closing all my file handlers after I'm finished with them.

tomGER likes this.
  13. tomGER
    OP

tomGER GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2017
    Germany
    Yeah, or rather with both just conflicting - I'd guess so at least

StevenMattera likes this.
  14. 0000ff

0000ff Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2018
    United States
    Sys-ftpd and ftpd both crash the switch for me a few moments after connecting to wifi or accessing any wifi content.....not even transferring files on ftp. So, I've just stopped using them.

15. morrison22

morrison22 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 26, 2005
    United States
    It it safe to replace the hbmenu from sdfiles over the existing one via ftpd.nro? Instead of taking the s
    Try this version. It is stable for me. http://taraftartekstil.com/threads/ftp-application.506434/page-5#post-8095478

0000ff likes this.
  16. tomGER
    OP

tomGER GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2017
    Germany
    I'm pretty sure this has to do with files generated by SX OS (and some other corrupted files) - Have you used SX OS?

17. 0000ff

0000ff Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2018
    United States
    Not once have I used sx os....all new files from SD files *only*

-edit-

On 5.1.0 with legit exFat. Unmodified sdfiles 5.2, hekate 3.1 for payload. It just gives me an error code and tells me to reboot or hold power for 12 seconds.

Nothing else on the SD card.

Last edited by 0000ff, Jul 13, 2018 at 4:50 PM
  18. chr0m

chr0m GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2007
    Australia
    Can I use PegaSwitch on 5.1.0

Is there even any reason to?

Last edited by chr0m, Jul 14, 2018 at 6:30 AM
  19. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    No, you cannot. Honestly, you may never be able to. But yeah, there's kinda no point anymore what with Fused Jello

20. chr0m

chr0m GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2007
    Australia
    Wondering if I'm risking a ban by using this to launch Check Point on my 5.1.0 Switch to restore a save from my 2.3.0 Switch

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice