Nintendo Switch Banning Hub

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Draxzelex, Jun 24, 2018.

?

Remove SX OS Version/eShop in non-TX CFW/Homebrew?

This poll will close on Jul 26, 2018 at 2:07 AM.
  1. Remove both

33.3%
  2. Remove asking for SX OS Version only

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Remove asking whether people accessed the eShop in non-TX CFW/Homebrew only

13.3%
  4. Remove neither

53.3%
  1. Tke1

Tke1 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2016
    Belgium
    If you use certificate , use only for one game online

2. Melon_Lord

Melon_Lord Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2018
    Canada
    Has anyone managed to contact team xecuter with any success? I wanted to recommend some features for their potential nsp installer but they haven't replied. Also does anyone know if sx os clears your system logs at every boot?

3. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    My rule of thumb for e-mailing is giving that person at least a day. Plus, they have tons of e-mails to sort through from various people for various reasons so they may or may not need more time. To answer your other question, they don't specify that type of functionality in any of their changelogs so only they could answer that question. However, since people have been banned for using SX OS purely offline, that may not be the case.

4. offsense

offsense Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2018
    United States
    What is the difference between a cert ban vs console ban?

5. Draxzelex
    OP

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Certificate ban means that certificate you dumped from a cartridge can no longer be used to play any games online, including any games injected with as well as the game it came from. Console ban means the console is not allowed to use any online services except for game and system updates.

offsense likes this.
  6. offsense

offsense Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2018
    United States
    Wow those bans are worlds apart

7. DJPlace

DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    wow nintendo stepping up there game this time.

but has anyone been banned for hacking there system and playing legit games?

8. Draxzelex
    OP

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    The jury says no, I think, but people have been banned for using SX OS completely offline so it would look the same to Nintendo since they cannot differentiate between backups that are legal or illegal if they stay offline.

9. Melon_Lord

Melon_Lord Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2018
    Canada
    Has anyone experienced a weird clicking noise whenever the switch is put to sleep when in auto-rcm by TX. When I push the power button and put it to sleep the fan goes off and weird noises start to click at regular intervals.

10. alwe2710

alwe2710 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2017
    Germany
    Added Video

Draxzelex likes this.
  11. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2018
    Togo
    Sounds like your fan is dying.

12. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    How common is that? Could it be they didn't admit they used layeredfs or actually did play online

13. Cava

Cava GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2016
    Hungary
    What is so suspicious in about updating 4-5 games at the same time? If i buy 5 games from a store should i wait 24 hours after each game to update? Come on. :)

Clutchman likes this.
  14. Raikkonen94

Raikkonen94 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    Netherlands
    Do we know whether it's safe to play your own digitally bought games in CFW (SX OS)? I've bought Zelda + DLC digital but switching back and forth between OFW and CFW (using the jig and PC to inject the payload) is quite a hassle for just playing that one game.

Mclovedogs likes this.
  15. Stwert

Stwert GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    Stwert is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Scotland
    Yeah I’ve been batch updating all of my legitimate titles since I got my Switch.
    Every now and again I go through them all one by one (I’ve disabled auto-update) and check them. Usually there’s at least a handful with updates.

Cava likes this.
  16. andre1891

andre1891 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Iam sure they wont check Headers in Game Updates. I would sell some Switch Games but I can Update Them without Card (There are temporary in home Menu). I wont have Dumps of the games (The Cards are sold)

17. Melon_Lord

Melon_Lord Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2018
    Canada
    I'm not denying or accepting that. Do you have any reasoning as to why it only happens sometimes in auto-rcm and never in a normal sx os boot?

18. Draxzelex
    OP

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Check the tab "Statistics for the Lazy"

Haven't heard anyone report a ban doing this but since people have been banned for using SX OS completely offline combined with the fact that Nintendo cannot differentiate a cartridge backup from the real thing offline, it is theorized they can ban with evidence the user used SX OS alone.

Since updating games does not require a header, I would say normally no but that type of data can still be transmitted so they cover all their bases. While the Switch is designed to transmit more data to Nintendo for banning purposes, an oversight like this one seems counter-intuitive...unless it is designed to give a false sense of security to catch more hackers. But we don't know enough information to say at this point.

19. Melon_Lord

Melon_Lord Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2018
    Canada
    That almost certainly is the case. I know a bunch of people who have been playing sx os backups offline and haven't received a ban (including me). They probably didn't know what they were doing or are simply lying to spread fear and paranoia just because they were banned. Follow the instructions and you'll be fine

20. Draxzelex
    OP

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Let's not say one or more people are lying because then we are at risk for everyone lying. A reminder that many people are not banned for using LayeredFS so if you have not been banned yet despite doing the same actions as someone else who was banned may just mean you were not banned yet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice