WIP Nintendo Switch Homebrew Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by DeoNaught, May 2, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    4.9%
  3. Already stickied .-.

63 vote(s)
    61.8%
  1. Lia

Lia GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

GBAtemp Patron
    Lia is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 29, 2016
    United Kingdom
    it's not WIP :thinking: the main guide is finished and works fine

2. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
  3. konamicode89

konamicode89 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2018
    United States
    Exactly what I need! Thanks!

4. DeoNaught
    OP

DeoNaught I break all the warranties

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Constant Fear
    I was talking about no Cfw, I re did it, should be clearer.

Thanks!

I also Added a poll, seeing if people would like this sticky-ed.

5. Yepi69

Yepi69 Jill-sandwiched

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    This thread should be in the 'sticky' category.

6. Sasori

Sasori GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    You're missing the mod converter for TBoI

http://taraftartekstil.com/threads/the-binding-of-isaac-mod-converter.502131/

DeoNaught likes this.
  7. DeoNaught
    OP

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Constant Fear
  8. pietempgba

pietempgba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2016
    United States
  9. Reisyukaku

Reisyukaku Onii-sama~

Feb 11, 2014
    United States
    pietempgba and DeoNaught like this.
  10. pietempgba

Jun 9, 2016
    United States
    http://taraftartekstil.com/threads/rcm-payload-hekate-mod-exfat-support-and-user-dump.502628/

http://taraftartekstil.com/threads/rcm-payload-hekate-mod-raw-full-nand-backup.502604/

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Does this literally just download eShop titles or what's the catch?

11. DeoNaught
    OP

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Constant Fear
    Already added that, second time I get asked to add it :/

Cool dude, Thanks!
    I think it's just info

12. pietempgba

Jun 9, 2016
    United States
    Oh sorry I didn't see it there. There's so much content on here lol

13. Darksabre72

Darksabre72 Blue Falcon

Nov 26, 2016
    United States
    thanks for this :)

14. Adrian137

Adrian137 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2018
    Japan
    This should be stickied! Thanks!

15. DeoNaught
    OP

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Constant Fear
  16. epickid37

epickid37 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    mushroom kingdom
    Darksabre72 likes this.
  17. Xandroz

Xandroz GBAtemp Fan

Mar 19, 2018
    Egypt
    congrats on the pin.

keep updating it

18. Taffy

Taffy AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    Student
    [​IMG]

Clearly the super nag is to be avoided, yes.

Titanica likes this.
  19. masterspike52

masterspike52 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 25, 2017
    United States
    i made a list of every working homebrew on 5.0.x http://taraftartekstil.com/threads/a-list-of-all-the-homebrew-that-currently-works-with-5-0-2.503515/ your free to add it(or dont, your an adult and you make your own decisions) if you wish

DeoNaught likes this.
  20. softwareengineer

softwareengineer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2018
    United States
    http://taraftartekstil.com/threads/release...caching-and-proxying-dns.501441/#post-7924204
    I present to you YourFriendlyDNS 2.0 your very own locally run caching and proxying dns server that only caches and proxies the requests you want, and none you don't and also enables encryption by default so you're very easily encrypting your dns requests out of the box! Your web traffic is important enough to encrypt! So why aren't we treating our dns queries with the same care! Now we can, and easily! DNS is required to be a trusted thing by it's very nature, so using just any DNS server is an unsafe thing to do unless you're sure you can trust the people running it. That's why my application is a for sure safe bet if you want to use a custom dns, since you run it and configure it yourself and it's free and open source you can be sure it's safe to use without a question! And with encryption you can even be sure the requests haven't been tampered with or even read even by your isp or anyone at all for that matter!

Further Info:
    I made it so people have an alternative to using online based dns proxies, so that they could locally run one instead if they choose and desire to. I also added the encryption because it's a good thing to have, and after I had already implemented it in my application I found this article which seems to validate what I've been working on as a worthwhile pursuit! -> http://arstechnica.com/information...t-of-your-browser-history-with-encrypted-dns/

Which says:
    "For users, taking advantage of encrypted DNS services from Cloudflare or any other privacy-focused DNS services is not as easy as changing a number in network settings. No operating system currently directly supports any of the encrypted DNS services without the addition of some less-than-consumer-friendly software. And not all of the services are created equal in terms of software support and performance."

I would say mine is definitely consumer/user friendly, you can just run it and automatically have encrypted dns just by pointing a device on the same local network to it (using it as it's dns server). The requests locally aren't encrypted (between your device and the local dns server), but when sent over the internet they are which is a nice way to get around the problem mentioned above that no device supports it directly, so you have to convert it for them. Taking their plaintext queries and turning them into encrypted ones sending them, getting the encrypted responses, decrypting them and returning them as if they were just sent over and responses received in plaintext as usual, and your device is none the wiser that it was actually an encrypted transport! :)

Further they say:
    "That privacy does not come packaged for mass consumption, however. None of these protocols is currently supported natively by any DNS resolver pre-packaged with an operating system. All of them require the installation (and probably compilation) of a client application that acts as a local DNS "server," relaying requests made by browsers and other applications upstream to the secure DNS provider of your choice. And while two out of three of the technologies are proposed standards, no option we tested is necessarily in its final form.

So if you choose to dive into encrypted DNS, you will probably want to use a Raspberry Pi or some other dedicated piece of hardware to run it as a DNS server for your home network. That's because you'll find that configuring one of these clients is more than enough hackery. Why repeat the process multiple times when you can just query your local network's dynamic host configuration protocol (DHCP) settings to point everything at one successful installation as a DNS server? I asked myself this question repeatedly as I watched clients crash on Windows and fall asleep on MacOS during testing."

For my app no compilation required if you don't want to (I build the binaries) and noting at the very end, my Windows server/client doesn't crash, and my macOS server/client doesn't fall asleep ever. The mac version in fact was tested for days and it never crashed and stayed working as well, so I'd say that's pretty good results, much better than the guy writing the article experienced at least. He could benefit from giving my server/client a try too! :)

Last edited by softwareengineer, May 19, 2018
    DeoNaught likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice