Omsk Fw5.55

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by jajamundo, Jul 11, 2018.

1. jajamundo
    OP

jajamundo Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2009
    United States
  2. TheRealNGB

TheRealNGB GBAtemp Regular

Dec 30, 2017
    United States
    So what does this mean as far as potential for a 5.50 exploit? I've already spent a grip of money, and returned a couple systems trying to get an exploitable firmware. I'm to the point of giving up, which will make this the first generation of consoles that I haven't been able to be a part of the homebrew scene since before the dreamcast, it feels bad man!

3. kevin corms

kevin corms GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2015
    Canada
    where do you live, I just grabbed a days of play system myself and I see some exploitable systems on dell in canada.

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    This video has nothing to do with hacks, it only shows how to run OMSK, basically an app to allow store like Bestbuy, Gamestop to showcase games demo. By default these kiosk machines is locked into demo mode if specific buttons combination is not entered to exit demo mode.

zecoxao and KiiWii like this.
  5. TheRealNGB

TheRealNGB GBAtemp Regular

Dec 30, 2017
    United States
    I'm on the westcoast where you would think that they are widely available, but they are not, my local gamestops have nothing in stock except non bundle 1tb slims on 5.50, and after the initial batch of days of play systems were sold out in stores and online they had a second sale and sold the remaining ones within hours.

so gamestop literally has no systems in my area or online that are under 5.50 because they are also updating on used systems to latest firmware now. There policy has gotten so strict the most stores wont even let you see the system in its box untill after you paid for it, they literally took a picture of the box to show me instead of letting me see there systems, and have to squint just to see the model number.

6. kevin corms

kevin corms GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2015
    Canada
    Im assuming you mean west coast us? If not they have a battlefront 2 model in canada.
    http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/accessories/apd/aa195875

7. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 23, 2013
    Is there Tutorial for this with abit more explanation?

8. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    In short: this does nothin.

It’s proven useless.

zecoxao, Ars92 and jammybudga777 like this.
  9. jajamundo
    OP

jajamundo Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2009
    United States
    Exactly! This is really useless in the hack scene!! Just a way to install an App to play demos! I just share it if someone else want to try this

Hayato213 likes this.
  10. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 23, 2013
    So I take it you couldn't play full games just demos?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice