Suggestion online Layer FS hacks work- No Banning

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Don Jon, Jun 20, 2018.

1. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    As far as I read, it will just trigger Nintendo that you tried to run a game without a cert. That would be a surefire thing to get banned.

2. monkeyman4412

monkeyman4412 Gbatemp's moronic trash

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Darn, I can't come up with something edgy
  3. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Yes, I read it. Twice actually. It no where say it's an instaban. It just won't allow it to go online with the game if it doesn't have a cert. It however will most likely trigger Nintendo to ban your console future down the line.

4. monkeyman4412

monkeyman4412 Gbatemp's moronic trash

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Darn, I can't come up with something edgy
    "In the digital game case, Nintendo actually perfectly prevents online piracy here. Tickets cannot be forged, and Nintendo can verify that the device ID in the ticket matches the device ID for the client cert connecting (banning on a mismatch), as well as that the account ID for the ticket matches the Nintendo Account authorizing to log in. Users who pirate games definitionally cannot have well-signed tickets for their consoles, and thus cannot connect online without getting an immediate ban -- this is exactly how I would have implemented authorization for digital games, if I were them."
    And before you refute that it's just for digtial downloads, it's very likely an immediate ban would happen for physical releases. Since they solved the issue of trading game headers.

linuxares likes this.
  5. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Ah yes, that part. However, people have yet to be banned. They been playing online with backups and still no ban. So it's proven false. For now.

EDIT: Actually, have they even turned on the service full now that SX OS is released?

monkeyman4412 likes this.
  6. Nincompoopdo

Nincompoopdo GBAtemp Regular

May 20, 2017
    United States
    Cheating will get Nintendo's attention more than piracy. Cheating ruined the game online for everyone, especially now Nintendo has a paid online service coming up - they have to protect their games online.

Now that cheating is possible online, Mario Kart and other online games will not be fun anymore... so it's a good time to get the SX and retired offline for good.

Solitario likes this.
  7. tides

tides GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2013
    United States
    urggg why the fuck would you cheat in mario kart. it's not even fun.

i understand why people cheat in splatoon cus it's competitive but mario kart?

this is what ruined mk7 on the 3ds

8. Jaimy

Jaimy GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2016
    United States
    Reported to Nintendo support with video link attached. Thanks for bringing it to our attention OP.

9. Thatcher

Thatcher Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    People who cheat online really are the worst kind of gamer. :shit:

Solitario likes this.
  10. x0x0

x0x0 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2017
    Poland
    Inside the code
    It is fun how everyone is afraid to play backup while online but are not afraid to hack in online games. Facepalm.

11. nmkd

nmkd GBAtemp Fan

Oct 25, 2016
    Germany
    Ew, online cheats.

What a degenerate.

charlieb and Evictor like this.
  12. Wolfy

Wolfy Person That Never Was

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere In The Aether...
    Are you actually stupid? No, it's not a conspiracy, an actual company isn't going to try and spread rumors that you'll get banned when they can just do their job which is to make it so you'll actually get banned.

Your honestly mental if you actually think this.

13. Evictor

Evictor Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2018
    Canada
    Meth is really bad for you.

14. MrGizMo

MrGizMo GBAtemp Fan

Jul 3, 2006
    Netherlands
    Uses speedhack, finished at 11th.

nice job

SodaSoba likes this.
  15. Samus20XX

Samus20XX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2018
    United States
    holy shit dude its not that serious LMAO calm down

16. Don Jon
    OP

Don Jon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    if you read a few posts above you youll see what im talking
    and if you didnt know that the fusee gelee developers worked with nintendo as they turned in the switch vulnerabilities to nintendo with disclosures,
    you must have been sleeping under a rock this whole time

anyways if you think i was referring to an actual nintendo employee, than...

Last edited by Don Jon, Jun 21, 2018
  17. m_babble

m_babble Elder Phantom

Dec 12, 2004
    United States
    There's no glory in cheating to win.

18. ShroomKing

ShroomKing Mr. Nice ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    Another World
    *nvidia
    they disclosed the bug to nvidia, not nintendo. it's a bug in nvidia chipsets, nintendo didn't have much say in this.

anyway, you're a moron, go do your research and get your facts straight before spreading nonsense.

SodaSoba, ByteBite and Wolfy like this.
  19. Wolfy

Wolfy Person That Never Was

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere In The Aether...
    As @ShroomKing said, they disclosed the bug in a report to NVIDIA since it's their vulnerability.

And once again, you don't know what your talking about, so please, stop making assumptions on half-based knowledge.

20. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    And people wonder why noobs always end up making threads wondering why they got banned for cheating/hacking which then leads to them asking how to get unbanned...

Kafluke likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice