Suggestion online Layer FS hacks work- No Banning

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Don Jon, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Benoit934

Benoit934 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 31, 2016
    France
    That was the main issue with CDs, when you make a CD you create a master and then duplicate it thousands times so they were not able to forge a ticket per disk and thus we were able to use those on any Wii U without issues, but the main issue is that because it worked that way for CDs they did the same for e-shop, so no ways to check if a tiltle was legit or no.

With cartdriges it's really different, you can always find a way to copy a disk, a magnetic tape etc, but with a SOC it's really difficult (possible to clone but difficult) and they are able to set a unique ID, cert and key inside each chip and then check if it's used twice at the same time and I'm sure it's what they are doing, but because you can play offline they got no ways use dynamic encryption to secure their cartdrige with their servers (it's possible but you lose the offline ability)

Subtle Demise likes this.
  2. monkeyman4412

monkeyman4412 Gbatemp's moronic trash

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Darn, I can't come up with something edgy
    Cds found ways of also adding their own drm. The xbox 360 discs have 4gb of data dedicated to drm. Having unqiue data for that game.

Benoit934 likes this.
  3. Type_O_Dev

Type_O_Dev GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2017
    United States
    this post only makes it easier for N, negative attention on things like this cause reproductions that effect more than just this game

4. MadMageKefka

MadMageKefka GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 28, 2016
    United States
    World of ruin
    I like how some people here are treating Switch bans like some anti-piracy conspiracy theory... I'm starting to understand how flat-earthers are a thing now. Y'all are fuckin' dumb...

Luckily in this case, that's not my problem. Best of luck to you all. Glad to see I won't have to deal with you online. Please, cheat away.

tiliarou likes this.
  5. Benoit934

Oct 31, 2016
    France
    But it's flat, just look on your table the water isn't moving thus earth isn't moving, thus we are under the dome ... (Ok sorry, I'm bit tired and I'm trolling)

Don Jon likes this.
  6. heroshime428

heroshime428 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2012
    United States
    Auburndale, Florida
    Actually you can copy that strip. Its written so close to the middle of the disk so a normal burner cant handle it. Im sure theyd be able to detect the same disc running on 100 consoles though considering its got an id. i played mw4 forever and never saw aban hammer.

Last edited by heroshime428, Jun 21, 2018
  7. Masacci0

Masacci0 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2018
    Italy

Yeah pretty sure they're here watching this thread, i bet they have nothing better to do.

Shhhh guys, let's stop talking, if we don't make noises maybe they won't notice us.

8. heroshime428

heroshime428 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2012
    United States
    Auburndale, Florida
    I know masacci0 is joking but think about it realistically here. They arent worried about gbatemp and probably dont go one here alot if at all. If I were ninty i would not give a damn about gbatemp. Instead of watching a bunch of people who are using pirated software, wouldnt it logically be more important to watch the people actually hacking it? People like scirem. You pull weeds by the stem not the leaves, you go for the drug dealers not the users, and you put the people from pirate bay in jail not the people who torrent. Its the same everywhere and is common sense.

9. Benoit934

Oct 31, 2016
    France
    I guess they might watch some keywords like CVS, Exploit, Nintendo Switch, Tegra and maybe reading newsletters to be updated, actually they have the bounty and I'm sure they are aware of the RCM stuff

10. heroshime428

heroshime428 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2012
    United States
    Auburndale, Florida
    of course. That guy posts everything on twitter. If anything they are more focused watching him. Yeah they are gonna ban you as well. Im suprised sx os doesnt get shut down. Its for profit and something seems wrong with that.

11. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    GBATemp conducted an interview with Nintendo. Based upon how the rep responded to certain questions, Nintendo isn't really aware of who we are.

12. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    I highly doubt Nintendo doesn't know who we are. I think it's much more likely that just that rep didn't know who we are, or was told to disavow any knowledge of us.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if some of Nintendo's employees regularly read these forums to get insight on how they can upgrade their security in future updates.

13. Draxzelex

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Maybe the lower echelon of employees, but the Internet is a huge place full of nooks and crannies everywhere. Plus, we don't really do anything illegal here on GBATemp. Obviously, they're tracking exploits in some fashion as they're always quick to release a new system update when one drops, but equating GBATemp as the hub of hacking kinda seems like an overstatement.

14. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Yeah, but each copy of each game didn't have different data, they would have to make a master for every copy.

15. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    I'm sure there's other places they'd check too, but I wouldn't be surprised if GBATemp was at the top of their list. Back in the Wii hacking days I was constantly checking WiiBrew (RIP Bushing) and TehSkeen (RIP). But almost any major piece of homebrew that has been released for 3DS, Wii U, (S)NES Classic, or Switch has a release thread on GBATemp.

Sure, I guess they could get some of their news slightly faster if they watched the GitHub repos, certain twitter accounts, IRC and Discord chat rooms, but GBATemp isn't a bad place to start. There's Reddit too but I think most things get posted to GBATemp first.

16. Draxzelex

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Some of my friends follow Reddit for updates on the Switch hacking scene. I mean, just look at Scires. He didn't post that big warning on GBATemp, he posted it on Reddit. Why? Because more people follow Reddit than GBATemp. That means that even GBATemp is not always up-to-date on the latest hacking news, even from its own developers. GBATemp may be useful, but there are bigger fish you can follow.

17. heroshime428

heroshime428 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2012
    United States
    Auburndale, Florida
    exactly.

18. Don Jon
    OP

Don Jon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    guy still using layer fs online:

Last edited by Don Jon, Jul 1, 2018
  19. x0x0

x0x0 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2017
    Poland
    Inside the code
    He will get the ban soon.
    Cheating is the worst thing what you can do with hacked switch.

Last edited by x0x0, Jul 1, 2018
  20. Don Jon
    OP

Don Jon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    According to this thread, the bug was disclosed to Ninty as well man
    http://taraftartekstil.com/threads/fusee-g...h-models-reportedly-hit-retail-stores.511145/

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

@ShroomKing
    And the reswitched member verified it in her webpage as well,
    http://www.ktemkin.com/faq-fusee-gelee/
    But i wouldnt dig too much into it, it might make you look like a "moron"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice