Physical PlayStation Vita games to stop being produced by March 2019

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, May 16, 2018.

1. usernamecharlie

usernamecharlie Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2017
    Israel
    I agree on the price and memorycard but 5 exclusives that matter shouldn‘t be that hard to mention (Golden Abyss, Killzone,
    The exusive thing is difficult because nearly every great vita game got ported to ps3/4. I love Tales of hearts, Muramasa, Dragon‘s crown, Persona and Odin‘s Sphere on the vita because they play really great on the portable system (OLED colors are awesome)
    At least Killzonr and Golden Abyss seem to remain as system exclusives by Sony

2. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    so you can only find 2 exclusive games that werent ported and are not jap only worth it this shows how weak the console library is realy.

that is a thing that failed miserably, no noable games worth buying the console for really.

3. usernamecharlie

usernamecharlie Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2017
    Israel
    For me it‘s not only about exclusivity - vita has often the best version for me (e.g. Tear away best played on vita, same for lbp or other touch/camera featured games)
    Hardware looks and feels awesome and qualitywise it beats other handhelds (maybe i‘m a bit biased)

4. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    what other handhelds? the 3ds? becuase that was the only one around lol and yeah vita was more powerful no wonder it beated the 3ds.

if you got a console with bare minimum exclusives that costed 300 bucks at launch there is no incentive to buy it, thats why people skipped it, and like yourself said you had an hard time finding 5 exclusives that werent ported with better graphics to ps3/ps4 that came out on the west that are worth it.

In the end games sell consoles, if you dont have a killer app your console is dead in the water, this was vita downfall not a single killer app, playing better in your opinion on the vita doesnt make it worth to buy it for most people.

vita has been exclusive indie machine for years, you cant even make a top 10 vita games without selecting indie games(that again are also on consoles).

5. usernamecharlie

usernamecharlie Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2017
    Israel
    But that‘s on Sony and not on the devs - the console is solid, Sony stripped it of nearly all (social) apps making it less attractive over time.

Last edited by usernamecharlie, May 17, 2018
  6. Dreamhigh1708

Dreamhigh1708 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2017
    France
    I'm sad they're going to discontinue the PSVita... I like playing on a handheld console, traveling around with it too, and the games I go for only run for Playstation systems... Now that the PSVita games are planned to be discontinued, I'll only have the PS4 as an option... I mean Zanki Zero which was announced in March I think, already did announce it would be PS4 and Steam only... coming from a company that specializes in japanese visual novels, it says a lot I think... I would love a Switch-like handheld from Sony so I could also have a handheld alternative on top of PS4 games.
    I noticed something was wrong a few days ago, I noticed the games I had planned to buy were already more difficult to find, and more expensive coming from retailers, I hurried to buy those I wanted the most, but now that I understand why it's happening, I guess I'll really have to rush and buy what I wanted fast...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice