Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by CaptainSodaPop, Aug 20, 2014.

1. AdenTheThird

AdenTheThird GBAtemp Fan

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    I really want a sort of FreeShop although for regular DS games, because I have an old2ds and can't run DeSuMe (:

I just really want to play COD bo1 Zombies on my 3ds :nds:

2. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Just buy a flashcard, they are like $15

3. AdenTheThird

AdenTheThird GBAtemp Fan

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    Yea, but I don't want to pay for games anymore... thanks. Will look into it.

4. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Maniac (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Why not just go with TWLoader or NDS Forwarders? Compatibility is very good for them and offer the same one as a FreeShop for NDS games would have. Also, FreeShop does have some NDS games already that have perfect compatibility (eg: Shantae Risky's Revenge).

AdenTheThird likes this.
  5. AdenTheThird

AdenTheThird GBAtemp Fan

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    thanks!

6. Anikemi

Anikemi Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2017
    Spain
    Hi everyone
    Today i downloaded the DS Download Station rom for NDS and i put it in my R4
    And, i think, it could be a way to hack the 3ds? I say, if i modify in any way (i dont know) the DS Download Station Rom and put in it a game with some exploit, we could modify the 3ds?
    I just tell my idea.
    Bye
    (And again, sorry for my bad english but im from spain... xDD)

7. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    No

8. Joxy

Joxy Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2016
    The only thing I want is a cheat system to help me in games!?

9. Anikemi

Anikemi Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2017
    Spain
  10. PetaHD

PetaHD Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Is 3ds offline network enabler possible?

11. StrikerMan780

StrikerMan780 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2009
    Canada
    I think, with the help of CFW, it would be neat to have a GBA ROM Loader that makes use of AGB_FIRM, without the need of mucking around with CIAs. Think something like GBA_Exploader for DS flashcarts.
    Extra points if it allows picking a location for .sav files matching the ROM name.

Last edited by StrikerMan780, May 9, 2018
  12. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    That's literally impossible, as CFW isn't in use while playing GBA/NDS games on the native hardware (only the game loads, reason you can't use stuff like NTR CFW with it or bring up the Rosalina menu). Also, the save has to be stored there and only way to change that would be to modify the SysNAND, which could very likely cause a brick.

13. AdenTheThird

AdenTheThird GBAtemp Fan

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    Something that shows the battery percentage of the 3ds battery?

(Because 100% to 75% is very generic and knowing the percentage would help a lot (:

Pandaxclone2 likes this.
  14. StrikerMan780

StrikerMan780 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2009
    Canada
    I didn't say to have CFW running while a GBA game is running, I know that's impossible, but rather an interface to inject a ROM for AGB_FIRM to use before finally going into that mode. Then any save data produced after playing, would then get copied to the SD and renamed to that of the last played ROM on next launch of this theoretical homebrew application.

15. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    You CAN'T inject ROMs just like that, as .gba is just the ROM container, with the files inside, so you'd have to unpack them and manually modify the SysNAND, making it brick-prone. As for save data, it's not produced AFTER playing, but while playing, meaning while in GBA mode, so NO CFW RUNNING to do anything to the saves. If you don't get it, it's LITERALLY impossible to make the saves being stored anywhere else from where they are without modifying AGB_FIRM itself and good luck doing that without it making a pain to implement and brick-free.

16. StrikerMan780

StrikerMan780 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2009
    Canada
    You fail to understand what I'm saying. It's already possible to retrieve save data for a GBA VC title on the 3DS. There's tools that exist to do this on the 3DS as it is. It's also already possible to inject whatever GBA games into GBA VC title CIAs on 3DS, just not on the 3DS itself yet because nobody has yet made an app to do it, just on Windows.

The process for this idea is as follows: App takes a GBA ROM, unpacks and injects it into a GBA VC title CIA (one on your SD card, so it wouldn't be fucking with the SysNand during this process), installs it then launches it just like if you had launched a GBA VC title. (Heck, if automatically launching it after isn't possible, just prompt them to click on the title on the home screen). You play just like you always would, when you're done playing, you close the game/restart the 3DS. After, you re-launch the app, it grabs the save data, and copies it to a file, named after the last ROM you loaded.

There's already something that exists that works in a very similar roundabout way, but for the NDS. (GBA Exploader runs in NDS mode from your Slot1 card (r4, DSTT, etc), and works by uploading a ROM to a special slot2 card, then launches in GBA mode, and when you're done playing, you reboot the NDS, and run GBA Exploader again, it grabs the SRAM from the slot2 card, and saves it back to a file on your Slot1 flashcart's SD named after the ROM you had picked before.)

Last edited by StrikerMan780, May 10, 2018
  17. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    YOU fail to understand what I'm trying to explain to you. You CAN'T access the SysNAND Virtual (at least not 100% safely) once the OS has loaded, meaning you can't to anything to the AGB_FIRM or the saves from it unless it's BEFORE the OS loads (eg: GM9), making your entire homebrew idea literally impossible to implement safely the way you said. You also need to understand that the NDS actually loaded .gba files just fine, whereas installed titles via injection on the 3DS have different format (as they are actually installed and not just loaded), so the MOST you can do is a converter and that's all, but doing it on a 3DS would be too complicated for just anyone to implement. As for the whole save "management" you are expecting, again, it's impossible unless the app loads BEFORE the OS via the chainloader. To sum up, you can't have only one app doing this, you need one to convert/inject (and most likely injection is gonna be permanent deleting the old GBA game making it worse than CIAs) that loads like a normal homebrew and another that loads via chainloader to manage the saves. HOWEVER, loading through chainloader will make it impossible to tell what the last game that was played was, thus impossible to name the save after it or know when to restore it.

18. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    A timebomb bypass of some sort for nds flash cards that run on the 3ds,if this hasnt been sudjested yet.

Last edited by Ominous66521, May 10, 2018
  19. Delipunch

Delipunch Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2015
    United States
    I'd like to bump my old requests of OpenTTD (SDL, has DS port) and Ur-Quan Masters (SDL, 2 other people request with me), now that there is a SDL port available. I would do UQM myself, but it seems to be out of my skill level for now.

20. bunnyzombie

bunnyzombie Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2015
    United States
    Not sure if anyone suggested this or made it happen but it be really cool to have a feature where you can link up the 3DS to a GBA to play multiplayer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice