Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by CaptainSodaPop, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Jukrae

Jukrae Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2017
    Germany
    Is it possible to be banned by using the freeshop on a 3DS?

2. Rubedo

Rubedo Aikawa is OLEV

Jul 29, 2008
    United States
    I think it'd be cool if someone made a port of Osu! (http://osu.ppy.sh/home), since the game it's inspired by was originally a DS game.

3. bunnyzombie

bunnyzombie Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2015
    United States
    I havn't heard any stories of anyone getting banned, but it could be possible. Just to be safe, make sure you turn off SpotPass off in the settings and turn off "Show friends what your playing" setting in your friends list.

Jukrae likes this.
  4. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Maniac (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    That is ancient information that has been proven false since long ago. Nintendo can still see what you are doing perfectly fine. The Spotpass sharing simply prevents Nintendo from receiving IN-GAME information, not game-specific information and the "Show friends what you are playing" is ONLY for friends, NOT for Nintendo. If you play using CDN CIA installs, then Nintendo can't tell them apart from normal games. However, playing installed versions of cartridge dumps can be detected. Also, Nintendo receives information about the last title that was loaded (if you don't have one active) or active one, but just that. So using homebrew CIAs for example is safe and undetectable (for the most part) if you simply load another game/app that's legit before connecting online.

5. Inthescene

Inthescene Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2018
    Canada
    htraE
    If someone could make like a version of bejeweled or candy crush for 3ds that'd be amazing. It doesn't have to work online

6. xRudeAwakening

xRudeAwakening Newbie

Newcomer
    May 19, 2018
    United States
    I have a request that I'm hoping isn't against the rules, but is there any way someone here could take a GBC rom of mine to throw together a quick VC inject for me? It doesn't need to have a fancy banner or anything.

I only ask because I don't have access to a PC and normally I would just use one of the GBC emulators for the 3DS but AFAIK, I can only use the CTRPF plugin on VC injects and not emulators. Thanks and please let me know if this is not allowed!

7. Pandaxclone2

Pandaxclone2 Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist

Aug 17, 2015
    Australia
    noun; a particular place or position.
    While it isn't strictly speaking for the 3DS, nor is it homebrew, you can get Bejeweled 3 for the DS which will play fine on the 3DS. And unless they've removed it since I checked last, you should be able to purchase it from the DSiWare category in the eShop.

Inthescene likes this.
  8. Inthescene

Inthescene Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2018
    Canada
    htraE
    Pretty sure this doesn't exist, but it would be cool if a game like stacker was made for 3ds homebrew. Just like maybe an adventure mode, endless and maybe settings to adjust speed or something.

9. Zeldaplayer67

Zeldaplayer67 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    Somewhere in America
    Like the chucky cheese thing?

Inthescene likes this.
  10. ChronicHedgehog

ChronicHedgehog Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2015
    United States
    I'm sure it's been requested before, but are there any plans to incorporate CRT-Redshift (color temperature/brightness utility) directly into Luma itself? It'd be great to be able to set the color temperature permanently, and being able to set it for Start and Select utilities. For some of us blue light from screens causes physical discomfort!

11. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    I doubt there are plans for it or that it would be worth implementing. It could end up making Luma larger and heavier to run, even if only by a tiny bit, enough though to prevent other functions from being implemented and it would only be for a very small part of the userbase. If there's no risk of such a thing though, I guess it could be implemented, haven't looked how that one works in depth honestly, but assuming it does it through power management of the screen, there's the chance of what I said to happen.

12. WintendoZone

WintendoZone The MK7 Clan-Man

Oct 11, 2017
    United States
    One homebrew app I'd like to see is Windows 3/3.1 working on the 3DS. It'd be great.

13. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    WintendoZone and Pandaxclone2 like this.
  14. WintendoZone

Oct 11, 2017
    United States
  15. AdenTheThird

AdenTheThird GBAtemp Fan

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    Angry Birds port for 3DS!

WintendoZone likes this.
  16. WintendoZone

Oct 11, 2017
    United States
    There is a real game of that. You should try it out.

AdenTheThird likes this.
  17. Purplstuph

Purplstuph GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2016
    Canada
    A port of the game Ion Maiden could be nice.
    The devs of 3D realms used the same engine from Duke Nukem for that game so it may be possible to do a port. header.jpg

18. AdenTheThird

AdenTheThird GBAtemp Fan

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    I will!

19. JacobNeedsHelp

JacobNeedsHelp Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2017
    United States
    So would it possible to port sonic.exe onto the 3ds? This is a genuine question and I know its stupid, I just wanted to know if there was a possibility.

20. Julian-GBT

Julian-GBT Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2018
    Canada
    A CMP model editor.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice