ppl at gbatemp are still like saints

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Youkai, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Memoir

Memoir Just a Memory

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere, over there!
    I completely forgot we had a bot. Oh mylanta that was hilarious.

2. JellyPerson

JellyPerson JellyPerson#6885 on Discord, hmu!

Jul 26, 2017
    Korea, North
    Pyongyang
    Indeed it was.

3. Chary

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Senior Editor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    A few users overstayed their welcome, but in the end, the site only hosts them for so long til they get their deserved boot to the face.

Jonna and VinsCool like this.
  4. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    This site helped me overcome shitty people from my past by making actual friends here. Stay classy GBATemp.

5. Rockhoundhigh

Rockhoundhigh Man with a mission

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    Southern California
    Been here a long time and while there are still a couple of veteran regulars I can't stand for the most part things did improve at least going back a few years. Not sure what changed, stronger moderation or just some of the more testy veterans semi-retiring from the forums but it's definitely better. At least for the most part now you can isolate the assholes on this forum to a handful of people and a whole lot of obvious trolls or children.

I actually remember the only time I ever met someone else in real life who'd heard about the temp he said he tried asking questions and got absolutely buried by shitty responses and never came back. He was a pretty damn nice dude too so I'm glad at least the community now doesn't seem to be so toxic against newbies anymore. I remember this site used to be really exclusionary. People acting elitist over homebrew and piracy, what a joke.

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Addict

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    *insert subjective reaction to social forum website here*
    Meh, I personally say that all places are equally toxic and good but people will have different viewpoints because of what they see, how they react, and taking into other viewpoints to validate their own but I will admit that GBATemp has grabbed me by the britches and isn't letting go anytime soon...

7. WiiHomebrew+Snes

WiiHomebrew+Snes GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2016
    United States
    Gbatemp has the perfect amount of assholes. Not too many that you can't avoid them, but enough to have a nice spectation of assholery every now and then.

8. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

May 15, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    I've only been here for a short time contrasted to others on here, but I am delightfully surprised with these forums and the community here. I've been involved with some other forums, and spent waaaaay too long at one forum (from 2000-2013 or so before I finally headed out), and GBATemp has managed to last a long time. Considering it has both off-topic and on-topic forums, and the forum has great activity, relevancy, good balance and passionate effort, I am just downright peachy with this place, even if I sometimes have droughts with my posts.

Keep it alive and real, guys~

DarthDub, HamBone41801 and Chary like this.
  9. HamBone41801

HamBone41801 Vipera’s Alt

Jan 16, 2017
    United States
    Sadly, we lost one of the nicest and most active contributors of pretty much all time at some point last year. In fact, I dont even think I need to tell you their name, they was just that beloved to all of us.

#BringViperaBackParty

10. Coto

Coto

Jun 4, 2010
    Chile
    been here for 8 years, i've had learn a lot. It's a very talented community fwiw, and smart people that actually triggered a side I did not know by myself: i'm a dev myself now.

Chary likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice