Rage 2 confirmed after trailer leak

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, May 14, 2018.

1. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Tom BombaDadlo

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    I'm not overly surprised it's getting a sequel (cuz Bethesda has been basically saying "yeah we'll probably do a Rage 2" for years), but I am surprised that Bethesda would think many people want one, or that it's some big deal release. First one was...interesting. It felt very generic, not great but also not awful. Just one of those games that doesn't do anything new, but also didn't do anything overly wrong.

I'll probably play the second one though, cuz I at least moderately enjoyed the first game.

2. brunocar

brunocar GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2017
    Argentina
    bethesda doesnt make RAGE and they never said anything about it, its always been iD software, the whole reason why it was hyped is because it was an iD software game :/

3. XDel

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    Didn't see this coming.

4. Tom Bombadildo

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    It's published by Bethesda, and (AFAIK) the IP is owned by Bethesda. The trailer in the OP was released by Bethesda.

Yes, ID developed it, but Bethesda owns it.

EDIT: Also, ID is owned by Zenimax, who also owns Bethesda, so it's pretty much all of the same.

Last edited by Tom Bombadildo, May 14, 2018
  5. brunocar

brunocar GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2017
    Argentina
    yeah right, and EA makes titanfall, thats not how the world works dude, devs make the games, not publishers, dont give corporate any credit for the artists's job

6. JiveTheTurkey

JiveTheTurkey GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2017
    United States
    Yeah the last time I got excited about the Smash Bros reveal. Aside from that, the last time before was when I saw the PS3 come out in the late '00s.

7. Tom Bombadildo

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    ...wut? That is how the world works. The IP is owned by Bethesda, ID can't just go and make a sequel to a game they don't own the IP for, not without permission from the owner of the IP...which is Bethesda.

Yes, ID developed the game, but they have 0 say in whether or not a sequel would be produced, that's all up to Bethesda because they own RAGE.

8. brunocar

brunocar GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2017
    Argentina
    wrong again, iD owned the IP and then they were bought by zenimax, the original RAGE was supposed to be published by EA originally, infact, iD were the ones to push this project, they've been saying that after the release of doom 4 there would be a rage 2 since 2013, not all companies are EA and activision, they acutally let the companies that they buy do their thing

9. MaverickWellington

MaverickWellington *BRAAAPPPPT*

Nov 24, 2017
    United States
    Ah yes, boring wannabe mad max has become a better sequel to Borderlands 1 than Borderlands 2 but will still probably suck
    fuck off bethesda give me prey 2 already

10. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I was reading this across the room and at first thought it meant Primal Rage 2.

Or indeed

11. brunocar

brunocar GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2017
    Argentina
    you do realise the guys making this are literally the guys that made the one good mad max game, right?

12. MaverickWellington

Nov 24, 2017
    United States
    Yes, and?

13. brunocar

brunocar GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2017
    Argentina
    its not gonna be a shitty mad max game if its literally made by the people that made the one good mad max game, so there is reason to be hyped here

14. MaverickWellington

Nov 24, 2017
    United States
    I never said it was going to be a shitty mad max game. Go read my post you dork.

15. lytro

lytro GBAtemp Regular

Aug 10, 2014
    Japan
    Looks like shit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice