[RELEASE] PFBA: Portable Final Burn Alpha - official thread

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by cpasjuste, Jan 23, 2017.

1. ArugulaZ

ArugulaZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    It should have disabled it. I think 254 and 255 don't point to anything in particular... they should be null inputs. Like I said, I have to do this to run FPBA; otherwise I get constant unwanted input. You might want to ask the developers if this is going to be a permanent fix for you.

2. pharredd

pharredd Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    Canada
    I figured it out....so I had to change every single game's config individually in ux0:data/pfba/configs...I only disable the right analog stick in the main menu using your method. Thanks again for your help!

3. gartlan

gartlan Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2002
    pFBA v1.57 is now out for Nintendo Switch in cpasjuste's Github site....but no Vita version :((

4. cpasjuste
    OP

cpasjuste GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 27, 2015
    France
  5. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Linkuei and Count Duckula like this.
  6. rez78

rez78 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2017
    Italy
    How can i acces to cheat ecc ecc for uni bios for latest release? Thanks

7. zewindsor

zewindsor Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2018
    France
    Anyone can help ? Thanks !

8. rsn8887

rsn8887 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    Make sure you select neobios=unibios_3_2 under emulation settings. In the game, hold select and press start.

rez78 likes this.
  9. Snowbro88

Snowbro88 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2017
    Mexico
    @cpasjuste and rsn8887, There is some possibility of correcting the difficulty set in hardest in games where you do not have access to dipswitches.

Thanks.

10. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    @cpasjuste : Would it be possible for you to change the TitleID of the Emu so it starts with PCxx#####? The Dev of VitaCheat informed me that he will not be supporting Homebrew, and that it only works with TitleIDs that start with PCxx##### . I do have a few suggestions though, since a lot of Homebrew have Letters in Number locations
    PCVITAFBA
    PCFBAVITA
    PCPFBAVIT
    PCSEPFBAV

At least this way, Users can have a Arcade/System Emulator with Cheats for CPS1 and CPS2, along with any others they wish. The only problem is, if I am correct, with each Update, Users might have to Search for Codes again, since the Addresses might be changed. I noticed that on my 3DS using Gateway to find Cheats in RetroArch. Not a Problem for Users who rarely Update though.

11. cpasjuste
    OP

cpasjuste GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 27, 2015
    France
    Well, there will be some problems with homebrew that are not updated anymore. That's a strange move.

12. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Only if there is another Homebrew App containing the same TitleID, which might be weird if it has the ones I listed.

13. pharredd

pharredd Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    Canada
    still blown away that I'm able to play 3rd strike on my vita. Will it be possible for this emulator to be optimized to play third strike perfectly (or near perfectly) without having to use frameskipping or is this the best the vita can do in emulating 3rd strike?

14. rsn8887

rsn8887 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    I don’t think so because the Vita CPU is not powerful enough.

However the Switch version of PFBA runs SF3 in perfect 60 fps.

pharredd likes this.
  15. pharredd

pharredd Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    Canada
    man, I need to pick up a switch...at this rate it'll be the greatest portable emulation device ever. Sucks for game developers though, piracy might just scare away all those third party developers from releasing exclusives on the switch and the switch will just become a port system and eventually end up with a similar fate to the vita (which is good news for all us emulation fans)

16. rsn8887

rsn8887 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    I also thought the Switch would be best for portable retro gaming until I realized it has no dpad.

Luckily, Hori is scheduled to release a Joycon with a dpad sometime soon.

17. codygs83

codygs83 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2018
    United States
    I know this may be a party foul, but can anyone share a link to a working Sega rom for any of the sonic games?
    I've tried and tried but can't get any mega drive etc. roms working on switch. Even placed in the pfba/megadriv directory and renamed the zip files to the correct names. I've tried bin and md files. But can't get anything working! Any help would be awesome

18. pharredd

pharredd Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    Canada
    Nintendo should make a gamecube joycon (not just the colour scheme but the actual button layout and feel of the buttons) and maybe old school ones (SNES, NES, N64) for nostalgic gamers that want the feel of all those classics when these games are released on Virtual Console

I know there's companies out there that do custom skins for joycons but Nintendo could make a lot of money if they take it a step further and not just come out with these colour schemes but replicate those old controllers in joycon form (although the N64 one would be kind of awkward)

Last edited by pharredd, Jul 2, 2018
  19. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    No rom sharing allowed bro, use ClrMamePro to clean your games.

codygs83 likes this.
  20. Snowbro88

Snowbro88 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2017
    Mexico
    Hello @cpasjuste and @rsn8887, latest version 1.57 does not create the pfba folder in ux0:/data, so I do not know where the config is and I can not edit the rom directory.

Tested in 3.65 enso, someone else has this problem or it's just me, previous versions create the pfba folder, my data folder is not protected, others homebrew Games works perfect.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice