[Release] The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki - Evolution Psvita

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by EvilGoku, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Skaidus

Skaidus GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2017
    Spain
    Me too. Hope when the translation is finished this user applies the patch

2. moonblood666

moonblood666 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    A question to you guys: Normally in Trails/Kiseki games text always fades in instead of instantly appearing, but here, whenever there is voiced dialogue, the text just appears instantly. It's a bit distracting for me. Is this due to the fan translation patch or was the original Japanese version the same?

3. supermist

supermist GBAtemp Regular

Jan 26, 2009
    United States
    I noticed that, and it advances to the next text box regardless of pressing the button to continue.

4. moonblood666

Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Yeah Randy's accent is a nice touch. But i feel like the NPCs are really badly translated. Sometimes it gets to the point of feeling like i'm reading some google translate script... But it can't be helped i guess. Also, even though the translation is pretty much the same as the PSP/PC leak, this version here seems to have some hickups, like typos not present in the PC version. Also in the Genten workshop at the beginning Randy asks in the PC version: "Hey Llloyd, is this your childhood friend...", in the Vita version, he asks: "Hey, is this Llloyd's childhood friend....". But on the other hand in the PC version there is a maid saying a nonesensical line like: "It's confused here, so could you please sit?" While in the Vita version she says: "It's hectic here so could you pls sit." Much better. So all in all it's "pick your poison" i guess.Overall i think the Vita version of the translation is a tiny bit better.

I'm still really happy we got the Evo version patch and the guy who made the patch performed a small miracle. I'm still on the brink of dropping it and waiting for the Geofront translation.

Last edited by moonblood666, May 27, 2018
  5. Intimidator88

Intimidator88 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2008
    United States
    Virginia
    Any idea why the game won't allow you to save if you leave it in sleep mode for awhile?

6. moonblood666

Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Isn't that bug very common if you use a maidump or VPK game?

Intimidator88 likes this.
  7. Intimidator88

Sep 7, 2008
    United States
    Virginia
    Is it? I had no idea it was a common issue as I've been using PKGJ for Vita games and it doesn't have that issue. So I just need to close the game out whenever I'm done or taking a break from now on.

8. Stepperer

Stepperer Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    It indeed was (and still is, for those using Maidump) an issue from "back there", so yes, make sure you save and close the game after playing

9. Rudy69

Rudy69 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2006
    Canada
    For people having issues saving:

Backup and delete "ux0:\user\00\savedata_backup\list.dat" file
    Create a folder named "list.dat" Example "ux0:\user\00\savedata_backup\list.dat\"

That should fix it. At least it did for me.

Also is there any plans to fix the issue with some of the rewards not being handed out? I've been wanting to play this game but I held out for a possible v1.2

10. Intimidator88

Sep 7, 2008
    United States
    Virginia
    Hello, quick question. I'm about finished with the game and was curious if I logged into PSN to sync my earned trophies after I'm finished, would my account be banned? I did it with Danganronpa with no negative effects but that was through PKGJ, while Zero was ftped from a PC and then manually installed.

11. gartlan

gartlan Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2002
    Like another user earlier in this thread, I'm getting errors when trying to apply the v1.1 translation patch xdelta to 'data1.psarc'

I've tried 2 different xdelta patching utils, both give a mismatch error. However both the v1.1 patch and the data1.psarc files extract from their respective archives with no errors, so they are not corrupt.

The error messages are like this "An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT" or its equivalent for the other patch applier I tried.

Anyone got any ideas about what am I doing wrong?

12. Belmondo

Belmondo GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2007
    New Zealand

You need to patch the original data1.psarc. It won’t work if data1.psarc has already been english patched.

13. gartlan

gartlan Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks muchly, that makes sense :)

14. shonosuke

shonosuke GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2003
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
  15. Skaidus

Skaidus GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2017
    Spain
  16. HoldingBack

HoldingBack Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hey, great work on this!

As a total newcomer, I have a question - is this patch able to be used on PC somehow? I don't have a Vita and I've been waiting for a good translation of Zero (and Ao), so will I be able to use this on PC?

17. Intimidator88

Sep 7, 2008
    United States
    Virginia
    Anyone know if he plans on doing it?

18. Skaidus

Skaidus GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2017
    Spain
    I contacted the ninja guy (creator of the patch) asking for the patch and he said "yeah but of course", no kidding.

So lets wait for the patch screaming hyped and that stuff

19. Intimidator88

Sep 7, 2008
    United States
    Virginia
    That's great! I was planning on playing Ao after I finished my current game but will probably wait for the Vita patch now. I wonder how long that takes to patch it into the Vita version. Few weeks maybe?

20. EvilGoku
    OP

EvilGoku Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2013
    :hrth: am happy, guren released his ao patch
    is there anybody who working on English patch for Ao vita ? if so am not ruining the game story
    when i testing zero no kiseke game i just ruined the game story :angry:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice