'Resident Evil 2' E3 Trailer

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Ugh. The Switch got a shitty version of RE7 that can't even be owned and now this won't be on the Switch either.

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    I like the PS1 in the trailer, I wonder what that will be on the xbox one and PC release (assuming that scene is not just for the trailer)

3. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    saw second trailer, Leon Kennedy got bitten by those zombies but he didn't turn into one of them:

is that means his IMMUNE to virus-T??

4. VitaType

VitaType GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Open and read if you want to feel old. I warned you...

DaFixer and Subtle Demise like this.
  5. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    Isnt that a gameplay demo? I think canonically none of the main cast was ever bitten by zombies, except when story femands it (Jill in re 3)

6. DaFixer

DaFixer Dare to be stupid

Aug 29, 2010
    Netherlands
    In my mencave ;)
    This looks really good, I can still remember played the one the psx.
    Ha memories ;)

7. brunocar

brunocar GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2017
    Argentina
    what? the nintendo deal is what nearly killed the franchise and revelations undersold until it was remastered, leading to revelations 2 being on consoles.

8. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    I hope this game makes it to PC. I played the N64 version 16 times (4 times per scenario). When I was a teen I thought RE2 was the coolest game in the world.

9. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Same the gameplay trailer as well now.

My earlier worries about the level design being like 6 are somewhat allayed but instead the lighting situation has me slightly curious. They appear to have gone crazy cinematic and shit for the trailer so I guess the lit by muzzle flash thing can play for that, however I don't know what the final thing will be like with it. I know many of games have a dark section (the one in 5 being a great sequence for everybody I played it with) but as a core mechanic then "playing with fire".

10. ip60

ip60 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    Resident Evil almost died on the gamecube when no one bought them even though they were amazing...what are you talking about.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

No offences but I just can't understand why you think games like this will come to the Switch? your expectations are way off. You buy a Nintendo console to play Nintendo games.

11. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Many times I have argued against that. However it occurs at this point, and to keep with the theme of "bloody hell I am old", that in a couple of weeks it will be the 22nd anniversary of the N64's release. Which would also mean the also not so very far off 23rd anniversary of a rather younger me being late for dinner as I was watching

Go through the NES and SNES must haves though and it will be loaded with third party efforts. I also make the same case for the GBA and DS, and indeed why I generally have no great affection for the 3ds.

I agree with you on wondering why people would think it would come to the Switch (for those wondering then pretend you are a publisher, http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/game...astupdate=0&showlastupdate=1&showothersales=0 and also consider that is harder to develop for than mainline consoles and PC), and if that is going to be the pattern for the next few years (we already see the start of it) it is going to get quite tedious.

12. ip60

ip60 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    NES and SNES are a completely different era, Nintendo owned the industry. 2018 is a little different my friend. The N64 started the downfall of Nintendo 3rd part support, went up little with Gamecube then crashed hard with the Wii and WiiU.

13. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    The N64 was the start and finish of Nintendo's evaporating third party support, though I would instead look at Sony's efforts for the PS1 there.

Equally I would not say Nintendo owned the industry back then. Sega were a massive presence, even bigger in some places, and to ignore the "home computers" in many places would be a rather poor choice.

14. Old

Old GBAtemp Fan

Mar 7, 2018
    United States
    I'm gonna be all over this. The only part of E3 that made me sit up and take notice.

MartyDreamy likes this.
  15. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    Thank goodness it's coming to PC as well. I did not want to have to buy a PS4 for just one game.

MartyDreamy likes this.
  16. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    You could have gotten Bloodborne too!

17. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I wonder if they're going to remake Resident Evil 3, or the game will be DLC for Resident Evil 2. They do take place in practically the same place and time.

And Ghost of Tsushima! Pretty much the only exclusive Sony showed that looked any good, imo. :P

Last edited by Viri, Jun 13, 2018 at 12:29 AM
  18. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    I have a special hatred for cheap and unfair bullshit games. So suffice to say, I'm not touching anything from From Software.

19. ip60

ip60 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    I've heard this literally 1000 times for a 1000 different games

people are funny

20. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I feel the same as him. I own a PC, and there isn't anything really exclusive to the PS4 that would make me want to buy one. I actually got a bit worried that RE2 remake would be PS4 only, but then I remembered that it's Capcom.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice