Running Fusée Gelée through a Teensy 3.6

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by natinusala, May 1, 2018.

1. SilverfalconLP

SilverfalconLP Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2013
    If you like look ,im post video (sorry for shake bad position of movile xd) whit link to img (raspbian little onli terminal not Desktop)

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by SilverfalconLP, May 15, 2018
    SirBeethoven and DaveLister like this.
  2. T-Error

T-Error GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2008
    Germany
    I wonder if the pi can get power from the Switch. TXs dongle seems to get power from there.

DaveLister likes this.
  3. thmo_

thmo_ Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2018
    Switzerland
    Isn't the RPi Zero just the right size to fit inside a joy con casing? I mean, it runs linux, so we can just write a script to let it autorun any fusee launcher and fit it inside a joy con case. If the Switch powers the joy cons during RCM mode and it's enough to power the RPi we woudln't even need a powerbank or anything.

Just thinking loud.. I don't know if the switch even powers the joycons during RCM and if it's enough, but that would be some great personal project ^^

DaveLister and SilverfalconLP like this.
  4. DaveLister

DaveLister GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    The device charges via the port obviously but im sure i have seen a device try to take a charge form the switch also - like phone s8 im sure ...... with USB 3 it can go in both direction for power supply im sure.

Where I state im sure , i am actually not sure , im Irish to be sure to be sure.

Last edited by DaveLister, May 15, 2018
  5. T-Error

T-Error GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2008
    Germany
    Do you really want a cable running from the joycon to the USB?

6. DaveLister

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    Guessing implied usb mod also required for a RCM non manual insertion requirement .

7. T-Error

T-Error GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2008
    Germany
    Thats what I was thinking.

8. thmo_

thmo_ Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2018
    Switzerland
    It would more be a seperate joycon, since the pi would take all the place inside.. just for loading the payload and stuff.. you could integrate it with the jig, etc.
    Till we get a modchip.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If the Pi would be supplied with power by the swith as a usb host directly you wouldn‘t need a seperate joycon thingy for sure, i‘ll have to read up on this.

9. T-Error

T-Error GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2008
    Germany
    But how do you want to inject the payload if you use the joycon to bridge pin10?

10. SilverfalconLP

SilverfalconLP Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2013

LoL im test and launch fuse whit my rasp3 and OTG to my Phone for poweron Raspberry and work ok xd ,no need powerbank only the Phone for poweron

11. DaveLister

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    Well yes for NXloader incompatible phones i can see the use case. I am trying to go int he direction of less weight and devices - make it usable for my kids.

Last edited by DaveLister, May 15, 2018
  12. thmo_

thmo_ Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2018
    Switzerland
    Haven‘t tried hacking my switch as of now, i have to read up on how the joycons connect and what pins can be used for what, but i‘m sure you might be able to work that out using the Pi and some additional stuff inside.

13. T-Error

T-Error GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2008
    Germany
    I'm pretty shure that the joycon pins can't be accessed in RCM. Thats why I wondered how you want to make it work without a cable.

14. thmo_

thmo_ Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2018
    Switzerland
    Well, damn. If the pins won't work (just power would be enough tho) during RCM then it's not gonna work. Would've been nice tho.

15. DaveLister

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    So i am wondering if the the TX device has a battery onboard for charging ? doubt it .

16. Wierd_w

Wierd_w GBAtemp Regular

May 12, 2018
    United States
    In addition to the zsun wifi dongle I pointed out prior (elsewhere), this bad boy could also potentially be used as a base.
    Note how in the teardown pics some variants contain its own battery. :P A short USB-A to USB-C pigtail, and the right software, and you are good to go.

Considering they are very inexpensive, I might do workups for both this and the zsun once Atmosphere is ready. (the one with the battery seems to go for around 30$ though. Prolly the shipping excise on the lipo battery. The one without the battery (which some clever soldering with 2 wires inside would solve; Just bridge the + and - voltage leads between the two USB ports, so the switch supplies the voltage) is much cheaper.)

The zsun is a much more robust device at a similar price point though.

17. lolboy

lolboy GBAtemp Fan

Jul 16, 2009
    Netherlands
    How about other microcontrollers (cheaper ones) ? For example: arduino leonardo?

18. DaveLister

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    I think XHCI and USB 3 support required initially, so the cheaper models , do they grant us those features ? ( Genuinely do not know)

lolboy likes this.
  19. lolboy

lolboy GBAtemp Fan

Jul 16, 2009
    Netherlands
    Hmm i don't think XHCI and USB3 are supported by leonardo. Maybe other cheaper brands?

20. natinusala
    OP

natinusala The guy who writes Linux on Switch guides

Dec 1, 2012
    France
    It's so low level that we will need to implement our own HCI controller. It's like this with the Teensy anyway. It can be patched.

DaveLister likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice