Serious PSP (1000) mods

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by MrJey, Jun 13, 2018.

1. MrJey
    OP

MrJey Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2017
    Netherlands
    hi yall.

A few days back I upgrades my phat psp with the usb charge mod. Now I can enjoy the benefits of an powerbank!

Since the community is not that small I hope to get some tips to get the most out of my psp.

So are there motherboard memory upgrades available for more speed and replacement screens?

PS: should I remove the umd drive? I’ve got an photofast cr-5400 with 2x128gb micro-sd and will not use any umd’s anymore.

Attached Files:

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Only if you also replace the case, buttons, and battery with the ones from another PSP model :P

If you don't have anything better to do with it, keep it (on the 1000 it's even an engineering masterpiece)... if you are 100% sure you won't be attracted by cheap used games available locally (or have another PSP to rip them) and want to make your own extended battery, go for it!

MrJey likes this.
  3. MrJey
    OP

MrJey Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2017
    Netherlands
    Nah, I just took it out very gently anyway. I’ve got every game my heart would ever desire on the system anyway.

I did not throw it away and it feels a bit lighter than usual so thats a nice thing!

4. Tikker

Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    on my old psp 2000, i pulled out the UMD drive, and replaced it with a photofast cr-3100. was a fun little mod at the time. rendered completely obsolete when they released the cr-5400, but still. good times

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice