Should I attempt to hack my New 3DS XL? (11.0 FW)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by petethepug, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Zeriel

Zeriel Squid Kid

Jul 10, 2015
    Sell yours buy another one is the best option

2. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Becuase I don't have the time to fix/deal with the issues/problems on the 3ds hardware if anything goes wrong becuase of school, and I am enjoying the console at the moment, don't want anything going wrong since I need to downgrade my FW, and get a CFW to back up the NAND/Replace it.

I have high hopes though that once the console is replaced by newer hardware/next gen 3DS (maybe.) It can, and maybe will be fully hackable :P
    So I should sell my New 3DS XL with an IPS top screen for an Old 3DS... That makes perfect sense!

3. SimplyFedorable

SimplyFedorable Evangelion Geek

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    melee hell
    I believe some one on this forum does dsihax downgrades service for free, but you have to pay for the $5 exploit game. Not sure who it is, but you can poke around the trading area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Zeriel

Zeriel Squid Kid

Jul 10, 2015
    Did I say buy and old 3ds? I said sell yours buy a new one, they shouldn't come with 11.0.33 out of the box, I highly doubt it.
    Buy from a physical store, I found a holy grail 9.2 new 3DS last year and if you have games to sell you won't loose any money

Last edited by Zeriel, Sep 13, 2016
  5. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Oh I see, sorry I just assumed you were trying to make a joke post or something, I already upgraded to 11.0.33 FW so to late now (well for now.) Thanks for the advice though, I will have to check a retail store eventually to see if any other 3DS Consoles are below 11.0.

Also I have no plans on selling my 3DS for now. Until a 4DS or something is announced then maybe I might, and try to find one on a lower FW.

6. Bazinga1307

Bazinga1307 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2018
    Canada
    Idk if you guys can help me or not but I cant seem to find anything current on putting cfw on my old 3ds for the purpose of downloading and playing 3ds roms. I'm am currently on firmware 11.4 and I have a 2015 r4 gold card but unfortunately only let's me play original ds any tips without having to go out and buy cubic ninja

7. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Eat your vegetables.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    All your answers lies here:
    If your flashcart is the one made by www.r4isdhc.com , you can use the ntrboot method in installing CFW.

8. Bazinga1307

Bazinga1307 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2018
    Canada
    This is what I have I hot it from a friend

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice