Simulate 3.5mm headset?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Giodude, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Giodude
    OP

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    I'm not a big fan of fortnite, but i am curious as to how the only switch game that officially supports online voice chat functions. My corshair void usb headset sadly is not compatible with the console. I have a dual 3.5mm aux cable, could i simulate a headset through that audio cable using my pc or possibly my android phone? I hope i'm being clear enough.

EDIT: I also have a raspberry pi 0 w if that thing can help

Last edited by Giodude, Jun 14, 2018
  2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    First you would need to figure out the console's pinout (I assume it's the standard 4-pin jack with microphone)

Then you would need a combo jack splitter, the kind to plug 2-jack headsets with the pink and green cables into newer 1-jack devices

Then you would need to connect the console's line level output (green socket on adapter) to a line level input on your PC (blue) - if you don't have one, time for a new sound card (better) or a line-to-mic-level adapter, to connect to the pink socket of the PC

Then you would need to connect your computer's hypothetical mic level output (ie the green socket and a line-to-mic circuit - or you can turn the PC's volume down enough) to the adapter's pink socket

Finally you need software to have one sound card's input sent to your headphones' built in sound card and viceversa, I can't really help you with this one :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice