Square Enix E3 2018 conference

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jun 11, 2018.

1. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    "the only good thing is that not a single new game for switch was shown"
    That's the stupidest thing I've heard all day.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

It seems someone here's a hater, what a surprise. Didn't know Nintendo pissed in your cheerios this morning :lol:

And you're wrong, Octopath Traveler was shown, so you can take your hate and stick it.
    Because Nintendo touched him in his sleep.

Not gonna hold my breath to be honest.

Last edited by the_randomizer, Jun 11, 2018
    OctolingRift and DeslotlCL like this.
  2. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's official lewd axolotl

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Ap, well there is always a chance, even if it is a really tiny micro nano one, but there is at least, hehe :P

the_randomizer likes this.
  3. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I dunno, the whole E3 so far has been disappointing XD

4. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    because nintendo isn't really trying to attract devs or being cutting edge like in their glory days. they don't deserve attention.
    the only reason why they have enough attention is because of the fanboys that eat everything nintendo makes and the hybrid hardware they managed to pull off and interested some devs that wanted to experiment.

5. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's official lewd axolotl

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Well that's true, can't disagree with that.

the_randomizer likes this.
  6. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    That's the most bullshit reason I've heard for a game not being there as a good thing, but yeah, keep believing that tripe. If you hate the Switch, then clearly, you should get another console.:lol:

That may be an opinion, but I sure don't agree with it.

Last edited by the_randomizer, Jun 11, 2018
  7. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 2, 2015
    Nothing interesting to me except for Octopath Traveller (still hate that name but oh well.)

8. Sakitoshi

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    I was all fine with nintendo up to the wii u, but they turned their back to their loyal crowd and for that they don't deserve all the confidence and attention they had before.
    I don't even have a switch, I would probably get one at the end of its life if something really interesting comes out for it.

9. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    And yet the Switch has already surpassed the Wii U in less than a year and has more third party support in several years, but fine, if that's what you think, I'll leave you to fester in such a negative mindset.

C'est la vie.

KingVamp likes this.
  10. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    Not even a single update for Final Fantasy VII.

OctolingRift likes this.
  11. Darth Meteos

Darth Meteos Entertainer

Jan 6, 2015
    Australia
    Down Under
    3rd parties aren't really trusting the Switch. They made a launch lineup, hoping to catch the wave of early adopters, then peaced out. They probably only greenlit titles after the console launched, and that's why there's an off year where nothing happens. Don't wanna get caught out like the Wii U.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

@Sakitoshi if @the_randomizer is telling you you're too negative, you need to look at your fuckin' life choices.

12. kingfrost

kingfrost GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2018
    United States
    I don't understand why my fellow Switch owners react hostilely when they don't get what they want.

Square doesn't owe you a Switch game. You aren't entitled to it. E3 is also for big name games and that's what they showed.Just because you don't get all the games you want doesn't mean that we won't get any games at all.

13. Valkyy

Valkyy GBAtemp Regular

Oct 2, 2017
    United States
    Hmm, idk. Earth maybe?
    You do realize it's not just having all of those games on the switch, right?

There were just reposted trailers for most games and imo a lot of them were not that interesting.

14. kingfrost

May 29, 2018
    United States
    No I understand but Square isn't really that large of a developer and they never promised us the moon anyway. If anything to me this is better because it means they actually communicate about their games instead of trying to "surprise" with stuff we might not want.

But you can't deny that a lot of the reaction here and elsewhere on the internet is because there was one Switch game revealed. Nintendo may have saved them for it's own or anything but people are already on a witch hunt.

Also I would point that I hadn't watched any other E3 presentation because making the time to do was not easy so if any of it was shown elsewhere I hadn't seen it. There's a lot of people like me out there.

Last edited by kingfrost, Jun 11, 2018
  15. Sakitoshi

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    exactly. plus nintendo itself turned off the devs because they had to be special and once again choice a completely different architecture for their console.
    most games are multiplat now because how easy is for devs to jump from one platform to another, they all are using x86 cpus with almost no difference in instruction set while nintendo opted for completely different hardware.

so being negative towards nintendo means that I'm a bad person or something now?
    now I'm really surprised how this site hasn't changed its name to nintendotemp.

16. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    I missed this conference, but in actuality, turns out I didn't really miss anything at all. I'm more interested in Platinum game than Quiet.

From what I scanned, they didn't pad it out like EA and I like SE games more than EA games to begin with. I will still put them above EA.

For me so far, Microsoft ~ Bethesda > SE > EA.

DrkBeam and OctolingRift like this.
  17. Darth Meteos

Darth Meteos Entertainer

Jan 6, 2015
    Australia
    Down Under
    Next year will be pretty cool, probably. Nintendo is getting a real bad habit of snowballing software on its consoles. It happened with 3DS, it happened with Wii U (but it failed anyway) and now the Switch. At least the first party releases are wall to wall awesome.

Not a bad person at all, just a little joke. Don't take me too serious. Nintendo is improving steadily, but this E3 cycle is gonna be pretty bare on the third party front on Switch. Pokemon will probably make up for it, and Mario Tennis Aces is selling out everywhere nearby me, which is a good sign.

18. sephurchin

sephurchin GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2015
    United States
    World V
    That was very disappointing. What's the deal square?

OctolingRift likes this.
  19. OctolingRift

OctolingRift GBAtemp Regular

Dec 30, 2017
    United States
    You see there's a difference between wanting a game and being entitled to it. But considering most games shown were on all consoles BUT switch then we have the right to be mad. Sorry I'm not a switch cock sucker apologist but if a non demanding game is on everything BUT switch you better believe I'll get upset.

20. kingfrost

May 29, 2018
    United States
    What non demanding game wasn't announced for the Switch? And yes that is entitled. No one has a right to games on all consoles; it's never ever worked that way. I can admire your honest and directness but I must respectfully disagree.

I have a Switch and I honestly am happy for it but it seems a huge amount of the fandom lusts after things it can never have. the Xbox One and PS4 and even PC are a lot closer architecture and performance wise. It's makes sense that they will all get games the Switch.

Every Nintendo console gets less multiplats in exchange for first party games. Everyone should have known that when they bought one.

DrkBeam likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice