Start downloading Games?

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by lukands, May 14, 2018.

1. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 That's Rad Bro

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    personally i dont think theres a real need to go and download the dumps right now. I can't imagine team Xecuter would release a way to run dumps without a way for people to dump them. I'm sure once it's all out the games will start popping up here and there.

2. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    i am sure the people behind TX and BBB have probably been in contact or at least TX is fully aware of BBB dumps and
    would probably want to support their format
    i would be surprised if they didn;t run but i think TX has other methods to dump and load games

Last edited by weatMod, May 15, 2018
  3. punderino

punderino aka Big-PeePee Swinger

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Kansas City, Missouri
    lol

peteruk likes this.
  4. DutchyDutch

DutchyDutch COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL

Nov 16, 2014
    Netherlands
    Why do I have a feeling that the files you can download right now aren't the files that are going to be used for the backup loaders? Similar to .3ds

5. DaveLister
    This message by DaveLister has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, May 15, 2018.
    May 15, 2018
  6. DutchyDutch

DutchyDutch COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL

Nov 16, 2014
    Netherlands
    I'm sure it will work with TX but I was talking about the current fusee gelee method we're using, and the Atmosphere CFW

7. DaveLister

DaveLister GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    Misspost damn phone. What i was trying to say before my phone shat itself was that the XCI format will be convertible to any of the other two formats - not immediately but eventually . possibly i am over eager but the way i see it is this , Once SciresM drops Atmos - 24/48 hours later, a backup loader albeit rudimentary will surface . I can almost hear the code being tapped out now by some L33T hacker.

Last edited by DaveLister, May 15, 2018
  8. Falo

Falo GBAtemp Regular

Jul 22, 2012
    Germany
    XCI and NSP are archive formats, like zip files.
    NRO / NSO are executables...

phonz likes this.
  9. kai_dranzer2003

kai_dranzer2003 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2011
    Pakistan
    Yes, I will start today download games :toot::switch:

My wifi is not too fast :sleep:

Last edited by kai_dranzer2003, May 15, 2018
  10. isoboy

isoboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 23, 2016
    United States
    "Yes, I WILL keep all my games to myself, thank you very much." I already have a bunch and I'm grabbing what I want as they show up. If you don't care about piracy you can take a dumpster dive for all I care.

kai_dranzer2003 likes this.
  11. Ghost92

Ghost92 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 29, 2017
    Colombia
    I unfortunately do not have MicroSd with such capabilities. But I have some HDD available with its USB adapter. How long will it take to launch applications through the ports of the Dock?

12. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    how come this part of the forum is not secured?

13. ShroomKing

ShroomKing mushroom of choice

Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    Another World
    wdym? it's as secure as the rest of the forum :creep:

14. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    all of the site shows secure for me except this page.

15. thekarter104

thekarter104 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 28, 2013
    United States
    What about Yooka Laylee? Isn,t that an eShop only game?
    It got mixed reviews, don,t know if the game is good. I love Banjo Kazooie though.

16. The14thfly

The14thfly Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2018
    Finland
    Probably someone posted a picture that's hosted on an external site or something similar. Could be some assets here, idk. It happens sometimes, same with reddit. So don't worry about it.

17. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Your joking right?

18. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    I don't know what to think. Nintendo may have learned it's lesson from the 3DS and Wii U. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard for them to implement private headers (that are actually attached to the games they came with), and tracking which eShop downloads have been paid for on a console versus which ones haven't.

If a public way of dumping switch cartridges gets released, maybe we can compare dumps and verify whether or not they have private headers attached. If so, there may be no safe way of pirating games without being banned. People will play for months with no problem, and then suddenly with a big release like Smash Bros. or something Nintendo lays down the ban hammer and you have hundreds of people getting banned simultaneously.

Or, maybe Nintendo would rather keep you as a $20 a year subscriber, and won't bother with the bans. It's really hard to say at this point. I'm going to stay away from piracy on the Switch and stick with homebrew and emulators, at least until a few months after Smash gets released. By that time we should know more.

Vsn4 likes this.
  19. silvershadow

silvershadow GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2006
    Canada
    south park release:
    ÛÛÛ ÛÛ Release Notes: ÛÛ ÛÛÛ ÛÛÛ ÛÛ Time for another Switch release ÛÛ ÛÛÛ ÛÛÛ ÛÛ it is ok, we joined it all back up together ÛÛ ÛÛÛ ÛÛÛ ÛÛ just so people are Aware, Team Xecuter video featured our dumps ÛÛ ÛÛÛ ÛÛÛ ÛÛ Enjoy as Always ÛÛ ÛÛÛ

RichKK likes this.
  20. iyenal

iyenal Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2016
    United States
    Bring up the tanks, I will take the USB sticks.

21. DaveLister

DaveLister GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    I gotta go take a dump. Tee Hee. It South Park smut is allowed in this case . I knew it was a wink at them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice