steelhax - A Steeldiver Subwars secondary entrypoint

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by VegaRoXas, Sep 5, 2016.

1. VegaRoXas
    OP

VegaRoXas GBAtemp Regular

Mar 29, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Other than trying to redownload everything I have no idea.

2. DekaRelay

DekaRelay Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2016
    Yep that seemed to fix it, redownloaded and reinstalled everything a few times, on the third try it worked! Don't really know what the problem is, probably a bad download, but thank you very much!

VegaRoXas likes this.
  3. Startropic1

Startropic1 GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2013
    United States
    C-Island
    Might want to update your readme. It still says it doesn't work with 11.2 ;) (Unless you've posted the new package elsewhere and didn't update the link in the first post of this thread.)

Edit: Tried running the installer through Ninjhax like 4 times (on 11.2) and it keeps yellow-screening.

Last edited by Startropic1, Jan 2, 2017
  4. VegaRoXas
    OP

Mar 29, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Yellow screen means that it failed to take over steeldiver. Have you updated your ninjhax payloads? Also thanks, will update the readme.

5. PedroKeitawa

PedroKeitawa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 15, 2015
    Italy
    I probably come out like an idiot with this question but at the moment is possible to install this entry point on 11.2?

6. VegaRoXas
    OP

Mar 29, 2015
    Gambia, The
    If you already have a way to access homebrew, yes.

7. Startropic1

Startropic1 GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2013
    United States
    C-Island
    Well I updated the boot.3dsx for Homebrew Launcher. (ver 1.1.1) Am I supposed to redo the ninjhax QR codes too? Actually the installer doesn't even show the step where I select steeldiver. It just yellow screens.

Edit: Ok, I re-installed Ninjhax with the new firmware version and everything ran smoothly. I now have Steelhax working. :yay3ds: (I really wish the Ninjhax folks would write an updater homebrew so we don't have to scan all those @%$#ing QR codes over again. ;) )

Last edited by Startropic1, Jan 3, 2017
    VegaRoXas likes this.
  8. Prot8toPot8to_

Prot8toPot8to_ GBAtemp Regular

Apr 30, 2016
    United States
    genius

9. nooby89

nooby89 A normal member with a stupid alias

Aug 18, 2015
    Canada
    Is it working on 9.0.0 to 11.2.0 ?

10. VegaRoXas
    OP

Mar 29, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Yeah it should. You just need to choose the right otherapp "payload.bin"

11. KamiNoRyu619

KamiNoRyu619 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2016
    United States
    so this dont work to hack a 3ds with OOT? no one answered my question from before

12. Gardevoir7

Gardevoir7 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2015
    United States
    I swear I've done everything right but everytime I try and launch the game it gives me a black screen then brings me back to the home menu and resets the system. My otherapp bin file is on my root SD card and in the Steelhax folder. I've even tried using ropbin but nothing works. I tried uninstalling the game and it's save data and reinstalling the exploit but that didn't work either. Am I just doing something wrong here?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Nevermind I'm a huge idiot. I didn't name the payload.bin correctly. Amateur hour.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Nevermind I'm a huge idiot. I didn't name the payload.bin correctly. Amateur hour.

13. VegaRoXas
    OP

Mar 29, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Your answer was about downgrading. Just use safehax, there are guides on here for soundhax + safehax.

14. CrazyBlergh

CrazyBlergh GBAtemp Regular

Sep 11, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I just updated to make A9LH easier and I'm currently waiting on a bigger sd card in the mail. In the meantime I want to keep using steelhax but after updating to 11.2 it gives me an error message.
    What can I do?

15. VegaRoXas
    OP

Mar 29, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Reinstall the exploit with the latest installer. Basically just follow the readme and update everything it mentions.

16. CrazyBlergh

CrazyBlergh GBAtemp Regular

Sep 11, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I did as you said. Soundhax works fine, I'm still using my 'old' starter kit with other apps added and they work well so far.
    As I mentioned in my original post I had steelhax working on 11.0(I think, or was it 11.1?) and using soundhax to update/install the latest version from your original post in this thread it seemed to have work. The installer showed it was succesful.
    Now when I try to start Steeldiver it gives me a black screen for a bit and then throws me right back to the home screen with an error message.

17. VegaRoXas
    OP

Mar 29, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Have you updated your steelhax folder?

18. DeathWizard252

DeathWizard252 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2017
    United States
    how do I use the files? i only have the installers and I have no idea what to do after putting them in the sd card, booting up subwars does nothing except play the game itself.

19. ctrninja

ctrninja Official GBAtemp cutie.

Jan 12, 2017
    Japan
    ARM11 Userland
    Sorry if this seems mean or anything but... If your on 11.2 just CFW

20. VegaRoXas
    OP

Mar 29, 2015
    Gambia, The
    How about you use the installer?
    Well yeah obviously one should use hblauncher_loader

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice