Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by VegaRoXas, Sep 5, 2016.
can't find the payload.bin
payload.bin is renamed from the otherapp you find from http://smealum.github.io/3ds/
Select what version you have. what the console is. old or new. and the version of firmware
I tried to follow the tutorial, I deleted all datas from the game, I created a save and I downloaded the payload.bin thing (I choosed new 184.108.40.206.E since 220.127.116.11.E isn't available) and I put the files/folders in the root of the SD card.
The next step in the README would be "After that just start the installer and follow the instructions."
But... how do I start the installer ?
You need to already have access to the homebrew launcher to install Steelhax. Steelhax is just used for easier and offline access to the homebrew launcher for people who could previously only access it through something like Browserhax.
I don't understand why the game keep crashing and rebooting...
- New 3DS 11.6.0-39E
- Steel Diver v1 from eshop (no updates)
- ninjhax 2.9a
My SD card looks like:
- /boot.3dsx - from official source: (smealum.github.io/3ds/)
- /3ds/steelhax-installer - from official source: (vegaroxas.github.io/)
- /steelhax - from official source: (vegaroxas.github.io/)
- /steelhax/payload.bin - from official source : (smealum.github.io/3ds/) - I have selected New 3DS 11.6.0-39E version, and then clicked on Download otherapp, and then renamed it payload.bin
I have successfully used the steelhax-installer (clicked on A twice, then bottom screen displayed "successfully wrote to file", just like on this video at 1'37: .
But then, when I launch the game, it crashes and make my system reboot.
I have also tried to put the steelhax_payload.bin file at the root and launch the game holding B button, but the result is the same.
What's wrong? Can you help?
Have you played through the game long enough to where it asks to select a mii to use?
Yes I have selected my Mii and accessed to the game menu before I launch the installer...
Woh! It worked!
Here is my mistake: After the running the installer, I rebooted the system instead of going back to home screen without rebooting.
So, here is what to do for who experience the same issue:
- After you launch the steelhax installer, you have to press START to go back to the Homebrew Launcher menu
- Then, press START again (or click on the little wrench on the bottom right corner),
- And finally click on "Go to Home Menu".
- There, you will have a warning box about your save data being corrupted. Press A to dismiss it.
- Launch Steel Diver game
- The Homebrew Launcher menu will appear after few seconds
Now you can turn off the 3ds, and from now on, every time you will launch this game, the Homebrew Launcher will pop up instead.
I have spent the day because of this fine detail. I hope it will help ^^
Thank you lone_wolf323 for starting to help me!
Hii, any news on a fix for Red screen on old3ds 11.6 After using any app like jksm/pksm etc and exiting become red screen ?
HEYYOU FOUND MY VIDEO.
Anyway, steelhax is a bit unstable. It's a bit unreliable due to the ninty updates i suppose. But the exploit works just fun if you followed the guide in the zip file. It does take a couple of tries to get it load. So if you eventually get it to load, i advise you install a different secondary entrypoint
Strange, i downloaded this and now red screen is gone when i exit an app, but screen looks kinda old now(though it works)
Can't get the steeldiver gane to load the homebrew, i have double checked all the files and saves from your link, but i end up with this 3 times now.
I really need help for the homebrew