Switch Hacking Updated FAQ

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by saneatsu, May 3, 2018.

1. Thatcher

Thatcher Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Excellent post, the tone of the answers made me lol a little too. :D

Including the reference guide as well as the FAQ was a good idea.

2. Kolyasisan

Kolyasisan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2013
    Russia
    Moscow
    Umm, just to note, the API is actually called Vulkan, not Vulcan

3. saneatsu
    OP

saneatsu Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2018
    United States
    I would but this isn't mean to be a guide. When things are released (atmosphere) I will update this FAQ to link to the guide OR I will write a guide if one isn't available.

I was not aware that Deja Vu works on 5.0+, can you link me so I can add it? And yes links are next.

Not sure what you mean by intensive swearing, I honestly could have made this 1000x worse so not sure if /s there. As for being fed up, I really was. SO I decided to address the problem by writing an FAQ that people will hopefully find useful. I'll probably tone it down as I revise things as there's some structural changes I want to make to the answers anyways.

Yep, I derped. Live long and prosper.

List of things to update:
    -Add in information about Pegaswitch and 3.0 homebrew
    -Add in information about 1.0.0 Homebrew
    -Reorganize structure to flow better (kinda jumpy to me really)

4. jinx10000

jinx10000 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2009
    United States
    What is Deja Vu:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    This is the name of the Trust Zone implementation for FW 1.0.0. This will be used to launch Atmosphere when it is released.

Think it should be up to 4.1, right?

5. saneatsu
    OP

saneatsu Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2018
    United States
    Wow, this is what I get for editing things late at night. At one point I refreshed and lost half the edits I made accidentally. And yes it should be good catch.

jinx10000 likes this.
  6. zzzzBeatz

zzzzBeatz Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2018
    Canada

Thank you for considering a revision. I will not nitpick and quote the swearing. I just meant that, as a new user and a fanatic of homebrew, I always try to use the search, keep up to date and I am patient. I am not one to comment "wen" or whatever. I am sure there are others like me. I just feel that this mess that some people are making will always be present to some extend and, a FAQ post that has been pinned should be informative and not "1000x worse". To show that some of us still appreciate the efforts made by the devs. Contributing in a professional / civilized fashion is the way to go imho. I just felt that I was paying for "trollz" mistakes when I am just trying to get the info without pissing people off. I do appreciate compilations like yours otherwise. So kudos

Waveracer likes this.
  7. tottti1914

tottti1914 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 3, 2018
    Syria
    hi
    so i understand i can get cfw no matter the firmware is ,but am now on 5.0.0 and i need to update to 5.0.2 to unlink an account so what is the disadvantages to get the supernag update except of having to update to the next firmware (if i chose not to put my device on airplane mode after i update ) consider all fw are cfw ready (when it come) and i am already beyond softmode for the near future, not sure if it's the right thread to ask thanks in advance .

8. iktwo

iktwo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2015
    United States
    Thanks for getting all this information together! I sometimes swing by the forum and try to see what's going on, it's way easier when there's a nice compilation!

9. OrakioRob

OrakioRob Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2018
    Brazil
    I'm a noob and just read the whole FAQ. That helped a lot, thanks!

flametorrent likes this.
  10. ThirdEyeCx

ThirdEyeCx Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2018
    United States
    USA
    Great FAQ! This should definitely help a lot and should hopefully stop the endless questions people ask about Switch modding over and over.

11. Waveracer

Waveracer GBAtemp Regular

Jul 22, 2016
    I read it all. You say you aren't covering things on other threads like hacking methods then I'd add those relevant threads as links at the bottom. Also, the swearing and unfriendly complaints are off and unnecessary. I like the way you organised the FAQ though, but you'd need to consider those two things to make it better.

ThirdEyeCx likes this.
  12. rommy667

rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 21, 2008
    Down the road around the corner
    Thanks for this,now i have to get a switch :)

13. riahc3

riahc3 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 17, 2008
    United States
    Lets be legit and honest here: Everyone wants to know when and how to play backup Switch games. Thats it.

Im saying this because this should go at the top of the FAQ.

14. leerz

leerz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 11, 2015
    Makati
    Add pegaswitch

15. natinusala

natinusala The guy who writes Linux on Switch guides

Dec 1, 2012
    France
    There are some typos : jamais vu, Vulkan

Are you sure that jamais vu and deja vu are TrustZone implementations ? Are they not exploits (deja vu allows software RCM boot to use Atmosphère without a jig) ?

16. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    Aside from Retroarch, I am sure that I read there is another Multisystem emulator for the switch. One that didn't have sound support at first but got it eventually. It was an unusual one that I think I have used on a different system before. Not mednafen either.

Now I cant find it in thread titles or lists of Switch homebrew. What emulator am I thinking of?

17. natinusala

natinusala The guy who writes Linux on Switch guides

Dec 1, 2012
    France
    Was it MAME ?

18. saneatsu
    OP

saneatsu Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2018
    United States
    yes a user on reddit notified me of this and an update will be coming later today

19. aikon

aikon Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2018
    Brazil
    Make any diference between FW 5.0.1 and 5.0.2?

Enviado de meu F5122 usando Tapatalk

20. saneatsu
    OP

saneatsu Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2018
    United States
    no

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice